Summer transfer window 2021

zab6359

Just now, HalfTimePost said:

True, also be weird if we were there with no links people wise in his following list unless he'd been searching for it though

The non followed stuff i get, is content I'd normally would like...ish . not to hard for footballer to get football content, and it takes 1 like on a villa post and he gets bombarded by it. 

Anguissa not in the squad for Fulham today. Not seen anything about him being injured or suspended, but then again I've not looked or tried to find out if he is.

Just now, Delphinho123 said:

Agreed. We won’t improve on last seasons finish if that’s the case. 

`This season is a real unknown.. we could be way better, way worse or just the same. Not just new players to bed in, but also a new system and approach  

7 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

I wonder if " Liking " is the new " Come and get me, i'm interested " wink wink?

Or maybe they just like The Villa and we're reading too much into this, like the Sarr incident...

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Delphinho123 said:

Yeh, unless I missed it, we haven’t signed  a left sided forward? Purslow merely stated we’d replaced his output, not Jack himself. 

If we want to improve, we need to replace his position, as well as his output. 

Such a Moneyball quote.

• Thanks 1

23 minutes ago, Delphinho123 said:

Yeh, unless I missed it, we haven’t signed  a left sided forward? Purslow merely stated we’d replaced his output, not Jack himself. 

If we want to improve, we need to replace his position, as well as his output. 

No we don't, if the output is covered the posistion is pretty much irrelevent, we already have a number of players that can play that posistion no need to panic.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Jareth said:

I thought Jonathan David was one of those collective mind experiments, he has no physical form. 

One of those who's marketing value will go through the roof if he develops due to him being Canadian-American and the 2026 WC in North America.

• Like 1

Barella would be my dream signing. Him next to any of McGinn, Luiz or Sanson dramatically improves our midfield and makes us a real European contender.

Linked quite heavily with Liverpool who almost certainly won't shell out the £55-60m for him unless they can make some sales.

If we could somehow convince him I'd be a very very happy man

• Like 2

1 minute ago, GingerCollins29 said:

How much do u think jonathan david would cost?

He joined them last year for £25m and 4 years on his contract. So you'd assume they want more than that for him but I really don't have a clue how Covid has impacted Lille.

They had a great year last year but we all know how Covid has impacted Ligue Un, they could easily ask for £30-40m if they don't want or need to sell... or similarly if they're desperate for cash £20-25m may do it? I don't know enough about him or Lille to make a proper guess.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Delphinho123 said:

Agreed. We won’t improve on last seasons finish if that’s the case. 

Ings is superior to Watkins. Buendia much better than Traore. So we suffered a downgrade on the left but improved 2 other positions. Not to mention the added depth at on the bench to allow for more rotation.  Not sure how you can argue the overall quality of the squad hasn't improved. 

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, HalfTimePost said:

Barella would be my dream signing. Him next to any of McGinn, Luiz or Sanson dramatically improves our midfield and makes us a real European contender.

Linked quite heavily with Liverpool who almost certainly won't shell out the £55-60m for him unless they can make some sales.

If we could somehow convince him I'd be a very very happy man

Yeah, I have no idea how true the liquidation rumours surrounding Inter are, but if they are true then we should do everything we can to try and sign Barella and try to outbid others. Can't see it happening but would be incredible if it did. 

• Like 1