Summer transfer window 2021

zab6359

1 hour ago, The Fun Factory said:

Joe David has a decent goal scoring record for Canada. However I suspect most of the opposition is rubbish  central american team

16 minutes ago, villalad21 said:

We'll have to see how Buendia and Bailey gets on before making such a statement. 

We should also consider the hope/expectation that some of our other signings will be better settled and improved from last season as well.

@The Fun Factory quoted you by mistake and was unable to remove.it on phone 🤣

Edited by JAMAICAN-VILLAN

1 hour ago, Delphinho123 said:

Because we lost a world class player. As things stand, I don’t think we’re better than a team with Grealish in it. 

Its difficult to say really until we see how this season goes. 

In my mind we have replaced Jacks 6 goals and 10 assists from last season with potentially a better output. Could see Ings beating that himself. Add to that Buendia and Bailey.

I guess looking further than just stats it would be about the space Jack used to provide for others but it feels like the team will be more balanced. 

23 minutes ago, pintpotvilla said:

Losing Jack was obviously not  something any Villa fan would have wanted. However we must remember that absolutely every attack went through him. The day he got injured we suddenly lost

almost all of our creative intent. We stopped scoring goals. I f we have the intention of Europe then that simply can't be the way forward. We have now signed players to remedy that and give us a more 

balanced team. If Jack could have been a part of it great but he didn't want to be. I think we are stronger now even without Jack. Let the season begin UTV

Watched the Charity Shield game yesterday. City missing some of their better players accepted, when Grealish came on almost all of City’s attacks came from the left which made their attacks more predictable and easier for the Leicester defence to deal with.

I’m am therefore looking forward to see if Villa without Grealish, are a lot less predictable and cause teams more problems from every part of the pitch rather than just from the left?

• Like 2

Screenshot-2021-08-08-at-17-23-38.png

Take this with a huge pinch of salt, but this is the numbers under the hood of Football Manager.

based upon their last season numbers, we got some good signings.. They are predicting Bailey has a similar ceiling to Jack and Buendia is't that far behind.

But it's a computer game, take it as you will.  Just trying to relieve some worry

CA = Current Ability

PA = Potential Ability 

• Like 1

Just now, Creeper said:

Really think we're missing someone like Anguissa or Bissouma in the team. Someone to break things up for us. I like Marvelous but we need a better version of him.

Anguissa didnt play / refused to play today 

7 minutes ago, CarryOnVilla said:

Screenshot-2021-08-08-at-17-23-38.png

Take this with a huge pinch of salt, but this is the numbers under the hood of Football Manager.

based upon their last season numbers, we got some good signings.. They are predicting Bailey has a similar ceiling to Jack and Buendia is't that far behind.

But it's a computer game, take it as you will.  Just trying to relieve some worry

CA = Current Ability

PA = Potential Ability 

Nah, no way. Game must be broken.. Freddy Guilbert with 9999 condition?

2 hours ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Got to disagree, at minimum we have stood still.

You are in essence saying, Jack is better than all 3 of the attackers we have signed combined . ( Or carries as much or more threat on the pitch than the 3 players combined ). It's a disservice to them IMO.

He's ONE player.

When Jack was out, the WHOLE team dropped, now if one of the new attackers are out, we have multiple others 

The other thing to remember is that Grealish was absent for a 1/3rd of the season, we can’t afford that without a greater number of very good players. At the moment we are are bare bones and more often than not, they are not all at their best. 

Today’s friendly showed we are not very strong, we really do need Buendia and Bailey who should be another level of quality. Another two similar level players (or dare I say better) and we really will be improved over last season and should get a better points tally over a season. We can’t afford these good then bad runs, we need to be competitive all season long and a bigger, better squad is central to that.

14 minutes ago, Creeper said:

Really think we're missing someone like Anguissa or Bissouma in the team. Someone to break things up for us. I like Marvelous but we need a better version of him.

Nakamba is neat and tidy, does break up play, but you want him to advance with the ball and take it forward or look for a telling forward pass then run and make himself available rather than just the immediate lay off. This is how you improve on Nakamba, some one who participates in more of the offensive game rather than just sat deep breaking up attacks.

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, thunderball said:

Nakamba is neat and tidy, does break up play, but you want him to advance with the ball and take it forward or look for a telling forward pass then run and make himself available rather than just the immediate lay off. This is how you improve on Nakamba, some one who participates in more of the offensive game rather than just sat deep breaking up attacks.

Agree but I think there have been signs of a more forward looking approach from Nakamba in pre season games