Morgan Sanson

Delphinho123

13 hours ago, ozvilla28 said:

I reckon Emery could have got the best out of him.His worked his magic with less talented players in our squad. I think Sanson just wanted game time and play.

This, bloke was fed up to the hilt of parking his fine ass on the bench and wanted to actually play. 

• Like 1

13 hours ago, ozvilla28 said:

I reckon Emery could have got the best out of him.His worked his magic with less talented players in our squad. I think Sanson just wanted game time and play.

Didn't Emery ultimately move him on?

Treated like a word removed by Gerrard.

Maybe could have made an impact under Emery but at this point he needs 90s and play every week.

Don't blame him if he doesn't want to step foot in England again. I expect another loan and a pay off.

19 minutes ago, Kiwivillan said:

I think both parties knew he needed game time since was blanked by the clown, i think Emery will look at it in the summer. I would personally hope Sanson can come back a new signing than spending another 30 million on a player like Guendouzi

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Zatman said:

I think both parties knew he needed game time since was blanked by the clown, i think Emery will look at it in the summer. I would personally hope Sanson can come back a new signing than spending another 30 million on a player like Guendouzi

I agree with this. Everyone fapping over Guendouzi who I was initially excited about but his returns are not great and been frozen out before he's benched no minutes

1 minute ago, Zatman said:

I think that time has probably gone. I doubt he wants to come back now and with his contract being shorter, makes most sense to support him in finding a new home. Looked decent in the time we saw him and his record is good. Injuries mismanagement and possibly the player himself have made this one a not so good signing.

1 hour ago, STO said:

I think it's very telling that Dean Smith, Steven Gerrard AND Unai Emery didn't use him widely.  Clearly an issue with him.  I trust Emery to bring players on, improve them, but the fact that he went the same way as his predecessors makes me think that the problem definitely lies with the player.  Sell him, agree a pay off, whatever.  He's finished at Villa. 

Not quite as simple as that though.

Smith was giving him minutes, Gerrard had literally no idea how to set a midfield up. And by the time Emery came in, his confidence and fitness was likely shot.

there was an interview with Emery just after Sanson went on loan, and Emery basically said that Sanson could play the way Emery wants well, but that due to Emery not being able to guarantee Sanson a starting 11 role, that Sanson wanted to go out on loan to play.

Im sure Emery said something like, Sanson can play the way i like, but he has been out/on the sidelines for a long time, and it will be difficult for him to break in to the first 11 considering his long absences, so sanson wanted to go on loan and play, week in, week out.

Fair enough tbh, i dont blame Sanson for wanting to play and happy to go on loan to do it if needed, will be interesting to see if he is moved on in the summer, or comes back as part of the squad.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, MaVilla said:

there was an interview with Emery just after Sanson went on loan, and Emery basically said that Sanson could play the way Emery wants well, but that due to Emery not being able to guarantee Sanson a starting 11 role, that Sanson wanted to go out on loan to play.

Im sure Emery said something like, Sanson can play the way i like, but he has been out/on the sidelines for a long time, and it will be difficult for him to break in to the first 11 considering his long absences, so sanson wanted to go on loan and play, week in, week out.

Fair enough tbh, i dont blame Sanson for wanting to play and happy to go on loan to do it if needed, will be interesting to see if he is moved on in the summer, or comes back as part of the squad.

Can't blame him, been pissing away his prime years sitting on our bench. Players seem happy to do that at Champions League clubs but we're not that level yet. 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Tom13 said:

Not quite as simple as that though.

Smith was giving him minutes, Gerrard had literally no idea how to set a midfield up. And by the time Emery came in, his confidence and fitness was likely shot.

If he was any good, Emery would have rebuilt that confidence, just like he has with Mings, McGinn etc.  The only real surprise for me is that we didn't bring in another midfielder to replace him. 

• Like 1

Just now, STO said:

If he was any good, Emery would have rebuilt that confidence, just like he has with Mings, McGinn etc.  The only real surprise for me is that we didn't bring in another midfielder to replace him. 

I wouldn't say he's not 'any good' though.

12 hours ago, Kiwivillan said:

Thing is, I reckon the conondrum for Emery was being fair to the lad, and keeping harmony in the squad at the same time.

He did say " I think he's a good player, I know him " but ultimately he wouldn't be getting in ahead of what we had.

He can actually be a " good player " but not necessarily suited to the particular team, system, or League, happens all the time.

Also wouldn't have been fair to just keep him around and waste more of his career.

I feel we may approach a similar crossroads with the likes of Archer soon.

Edited by JAMAICAN-VILLAN

100% think he'd be a better option than Donk in games where we want to control the game.

I hope Unai is interested, but I think Sanson might just be desperate to escape at this point.

I think he still has options here, pre season will clearly be the acid test. Everyone starts pre season with a clean slate ? So if he is still here at the end of pre season then I’d say he still has a role here 🤞🤞

• Like 2

• 1 month later...
Â