Morgan Sanson

Delphinho123

9 hours ago, Tomaszk said:

It's too annoying :lol:

He's clearly not going to be banned and takes over every thread. If only you could block the replies to him as well!

Agree, if there was an option to block replies this site would be gold! It's so hard to catch up on stuff because there's 11 pages here and 9 of them are people arguing with an obvious troll, it's so frustrating! 

From what I've gathered no-one knows much about this guy but he's similar to McGinn and would rotate/be backup to him which, given how much we struggle when he's out would be great for us 

• Like 3

3 hours ago, av1 said:

So to be clear, because Morgan plays for Marseille he can't be as good as McGinn......who came from Hibs. 

Makes perfect sense to me. 

Yeah but Scottish League has to be better than this European nonsense. 

Millwall > Milan

Used to find it funny but now it's just irritating that some people on here decide that anyone with a different opinion or different way of thinking is a "troll" or on the wind up or whatever. Have some of you never discussed football away from this website? 

Morgan Sanson has always struck me as a very capable midfielder and I would ordinarily be happy with signing him, but at the moment our midfield 3 has the highest quality and I'd say best strength of depth too. Unless we're bringing in someone for a bargain price on reasonable wages it's the last place we need to be signing someone and the last window to do it in. 

4 minutes ago, skarroki said:

Used to find it funny but now it's just irritating that some people on here decide that anyone with a different opinion or different way of thinking is a "troll" or on the wind up or whatever. Have some of you never discussed football away from this website? 

Morgan Sanson has always struck me as a very capable midfielder and I would ordinarily be happy with signing him, but at the moment our midfield 3 has the highest quality and I'd say best strength of depth too. Unless we're bringing in someone for a bargain price on reasonable wages it's the last place we need to be signing someone and the last window to do it in. 

Fair enough but in some cases I think calling them a troll is actually a compliment because it would mean they know they are on the wind up. 

Whilst I understand there are other areas that of more a priority I still do not think we should miss out on a player we want to sign just because a different area of the team has less squad depth.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, skarroki said:

Absolutely not IMO. The best of the bunch is Nakamba, who is a significant downgrade on Luiz, then there's Hourihane is a non-existent CM and Ramsey, who's a kid we can't expect to rely on just yet. There's a massive discrepancy between our first choice CMs and the backup - an option like Sanson makes a lot of sense.

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, skarroki said:

I think Sanson potentially coming in could be a savvy move, with the player being good enough to slot into a starting 11. Villa also have to be wary of ManCity taking Douglas Luiz back, and so we give ourselves time and cover for if that happens (and it probably will as Man City  will now be viewing Villa as a threat at the sharper end of the table). Sanson coming in now gives him half a season to settle into a new environment before a full preseason going into next season. Villa will be under no pressure to quickly find a replacement and get held to ransom. It makes perfect sense. 

Assuming the link is even legitimate... my thoughts are below. 

At the start of the season i was most concerned about our lack of depth at centre back.  Hause has performed well enough that I no longer get a heart attack when thinking what happens if Mings or Konsa gets injured. 

Up front, if Watkins gets injured,  we have Traore who can play up top, and enough cover on the wings to fill the gap left by Traoré. Ideally we do need a better quality alternative to Watkins, but its not a critical need with the fact our goals come from across the pitch. 

It is the central and defensive side of midfield where we have the most concern for me now. We don't have a viable alternative to McGinn, or Luiz if one of them gets injured.  Nakamba/Hourihane/Ramsey having to play in either of their positions would result in a serious drop in quality and this signing addresses that concern.

With the number of midweek games we've got to catch up on,  McGinn is going to need to be rested even if he's not injured so this is an absolute no brainer for me, assuming the cost is deemed to be on the right side of decent value.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, MrBlack said:

Assuming the link is even legitimate... my thoughts are below. 

At the start of the season i was most concerned about our lack of depth at centre back.  Hause has performed well enough that I no longer get a heart attack when thinking what happens if Mings or Konsa gets injured. 

Up front, if Watkins gets injured,  we have Traore who can play up top, and enough cover on the wings to fill the gap left by Traoré. Ideally we do need a better quality alternative to Watkins, but its not a critical need with the fact our goals come from across the pitch. 

It is the central and defensive side of midfield where we have the most concern for me now. We don't have a viable alternative to McGinn, or Luiz if one of them gets injured.  Nakamba/Hourihane/Ramsey having to play in either of their positions would result in a serious drop in quality and this signing addresses that concern.

With the number of midweek games we've got to catch up on,  McGinn is going to need to be rested even if he's not injured so this is an absolute no brainer for me, assuming the cost is deemed to be on the right side of decent value.

If we are looking at the position we are weakest with regards to competition it has to be leftback (if we count Wesley to challenge Watkins in the future). If Targett gets injured, we would be hampered offensively... Taylor is a below adequate defensively, but nothing going forward. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, MentalM said:

If we are looking at the position we are weakest with regards to competition it has to be leftback (if we count Wesley to challenge Watkins in the future). If Targett gets injured, we would be hampered offensively... Taylor is a below adequate defensively, but nothing going forward. 

Agree that position is very weak in depth, but its not as key as the central midfield for me.  A signing in either position would be welcome though, and no guarantees we won't be doing so in both. It relies on the right person being available at the right price really.

And we saw with Cash that management will make a signing where it isn't strictly needed if it ticks all the boxes. Guess money is tighter now than when we got Cash so probably unlikely this window (oh the irony...?)

Never seen him play, but he looks like the kind of player we want. There were many who wanted an old school defensive midfielder (such as Billing), and I was one of them. This seems to be the best of both worlds, a player who is very good defensively, but is also decent with the ball. 

Anything for less than £15m would seem like a good deal here. 

• Like 1

For the squad to evolve we don’t need to bring in squad players, but quality players who suit our style of play but offer something different to what we have. It should be about which player suits the opposition we are playing and Sanson would give us more options in the midfield.

Hope there’s some substance to these rumours.

• Like 2

This video shows him as a dynamic midfielder who can beat a man decent passing range and got his arse stuck in a few times. 

Might be best suited to a 4-3-3  

Luiz

Mcginn.                                      Sanson. 

Could work like that.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, The_Steve said:

Milik in. Sanson out for Marseille. They need the money according to the journalist who broke the story. 

By the badly translated remarks from the Marseille fans in that Twitter thread, he had a stinker of a game at the weekend. 

They’ve just been talking about this rumour on TalkSPORT and their transfer journo says he called someone he knows ‘close’ to Villa and they didn’t give him any info, therefore he’s deduced it must be happening or we’d deny it. Outstanding journalism, I hope he gets paid well for that. 

• Like 1

Â