VillaTalk Deadpool 2021

Xela

20 hours ago, mjmooney said:

A pioneering businesswoman who grew Fisherman's Friend cough sweets from a small firm into a huge global brand has died aged 91. Doreen Lofthouse, known as "the mother of Fleetwood", began spreading word of the menthol and eucalyptus lozenges around the world in the 1960s.

My grandparents live in fleetwood, the whole area around the factory smells of the sweets.

18 hours ago, sidcow said:

Kid in the year below me at school died in the car park under Stirchley Bowl sniffing glue. 

Someone at my school died inhaling lighter fluid gas (or whatever people did with lighter fluid to get high).

11 minutes ago, Genie said:

Someone at my school died inhaling lighter fluid gas (or whatever people did with lighter fluid to get high).

Me and my school pals would occasionally suck the fumes from Jerry cans on lunch breaks.......probably explains a lot to be fair.

1 minute ago, Follyfoot said:

He has been battling crack cocaine addiction for donkeys years. 

Yeah I read his autobiography years ago, he really was about the life that he rapped about, bit of money and success didn't change him 

10 hours ago, El Zen said:

I have developed an addiction to them over the past year since using them as an aide to quit nicotine (Scandinavian snus.) Going through three-four packs of Fisherman’s Friend (raspberry flavoured) a week is pathetic, but still better than p*ssing away hundreds of pounds per year on putting poison into my vascular system. I guess I owe old ms Lofthouse my gratitude. RIP Doreen. 

On the plus side, I bet your airways are as clear as anything! 

3 minutes ago, sidcow said:

I bet he can order a second class return to Nottingham, no problem. 

Only VT-ers of a certain age will get that

• Like 4

On 01/04/2021 at 10:13, Genie said:

My grandparents live in fleetwood, the whole area around the factory smells of the sweets.

They should rename it Sweetwood 

Hehe

• Like 1

2 hours ago, bickster said:

Dead Tory Alert

Cheryl Gillan MP, an MP since 1992 and I don't recall ever hearing of her.

Me neither, her voting history suggests someone happy to just turn up and vote as the whip tells her to while she claims outrageous expenses.

It's amazing how much some of these people get paid over the years for wearing the right colour tie or blouse while not rocking the boat in a safe seat.

• Like 2