VillaTalk Deadpool 2021

Xela

6 minutes ago, Ingram85 said:

Sabine Schmitz. Part time Top Gear person and all round a lovely, amazing and funny woman has died from cancer at 51 😪

Just read this, what a shock. She looked like a really good sport. 
So sad.

9 hours ago, Ingram85 said:

Sabine Schmitz. Part time Top Gear person and all round a lovely, amazing and funny woman has died from cancer at 51 😪

I loved the first time she appeared on Top Gear.  She really showed Clarkson up.  "I tell you something, I'll do that lap time in a van."  She came close in another episode (just 9 seconds off Clarkson attempting all day to get his S-type around sub- 10 minutes).  

I'm quite sad about this :(

12 minutes ago, trekka said:

I loved the first time she appeared on Top Gear.  She really showed Clarkson up.  "I tell you something, I'll do that lap time in a van."  She came close in another episode (just 9 seconds off Clarkson attempting all day to get his S-type around sub- 10 minutes).  

I'm quite sad about this :(

Watched that episode on Swedish telly yesterday

She was brilliant in (criminally no longer repeated) Clarkson Meets the Neighbours series, which first put her on British TV. A little segment where she was doing Nurbergring taxi thing, great.

Paul Jackson, ace bass player with Herbie Hancock's Headhunters. Probably not well known in main stream music but a great musician. Any body a fan of this sort of music ?

• Sad 1

2 hours ago, veloman said:

Paul Jackson, ace bass player with Herbie Hancock's Headhunters. Probably not well known in main stream music but a great musician. Any body a fan of this sort of music ?

Yeah, me.  :(

On Yaphet Kotto I'm not letting his passing go without mention of his turn in Midnight Run which is one of my favourites 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, mjmooney said:

Yeah, me.  :(

Me too. Saw 'em at The Odeon in B/ham many years ago. HH opened up playing 'My Funny Valentine'  - colla voce - on a Yamaha Grand - it could have been Errol Garner. Then the rest of the band came on and launched into class jazz funk (including the standard Water Melon man which HH wrote ! Jackson broke a string on stage (quite unusual for bass) and changed it without missing a beat.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, bickster said:

Former Dirty Leeds United player, Peter Lorimer, passed away at 74 after a long term illness

Not that dirty really, not in the same league as Giles and Bremner. A Dynamite shot on him. Can’t believe how many of that Leeds team from that era have pegged out in the last couple of years.

5 minutes ago, meregreen said:

Not that dirty really

No he himself wasn't but he was also the captain of the team. You're right about his shot, they reckoned at the time that he had the hardest shot in England

19 hours ago, veloman said:

Me too. Saw 'em at The Odeon in B/ham many years ago. HH opened up playing 'My Funny Valentine'  - colla voce - on a Yamaha Grand - it could have been Errol Garner. Then the rest of the band came on and launched into class jazz funk (including the standard Water Melon man which HH wrote ! Jackson broke a string on stage (quite unusual for bass) and changed it without missing a beat.

image.jpeg.f7f7edbaf1b287c4bbce208ad848b481.jpeg

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, bickster said:

No he himself wasn't but he was also the captain of the team. You're right about his shot, they reckoned at the time that he had the hardest shot in England

Poor man's Bruce Rioch. (More accurate, though...)  :)

• Like 1