VillaTalk Deadpool 2021

Xela

1 hour ago, mottaloo said:

From what i gather, this Claude geezer made a derogatory/racist comment about Son (spurs player) last summer. Robbie of AFTV allegedly dropped him as a pundit after some (or one) sponsor of their YouTube channel withdrew their funding. 

I don't know whether arsenal was his life or his escape from all the crap covid has thrown our way, or he was simply missing going to games but at least he had a spot on their fans channel to get his fix.

Either way, this again highlights the importance of recognising mental health issues. As usual, there are a few twitter trolls saying Robbie has blood on his hands, or others saying Claude was crap anyway and wouldn't be missed.

Sad.

I have no idea who this person CLaude was and no idea of how he died either, nor of his history. My comment was more about the fact that another of those Arsenal TV fans died only a few weeks ago didn't he?

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, bickster said:

I have no idea who this person CLaude was and no idea of how he died either, nor of his history. My comment was more about the fact that another of those Arsenal TV fans died only a few weeks ago didn't he?

Ah right, I was a bit nonplussed with your original reply!

Yes, Colin Newell, AKA “Heavy D” died in November last year. Good memory there Bicks! He had appeared on AFTV, although speaking personally it was news to me that he had been on it, I knew him elsewhere.

So yeah, two deaths within the past six months related to the channel. I have the sense that Claude was a regular voice on the channel and Colin was a bit more sporadic, but I couldn’t say for absolute certainty.

• Like 2

55 minutes ago, bickster said:

Yes, as @Mark Albrightonsaid "Heavy D" died in nov last year but possibly from a heart attack. He made a few post match appearances but i remember him better for his part in storage hunters uk on Dave channel....and especially his annoying habit of shouting "boom" when making a bid.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, mottaloo said:

Yes, as @Mark Albrightonsaid "Heavy D" died in nov last year but possibly from a heart attack. He made a few post match appearances but i remember him better for his part in storage hunters uk on Dave channel....and especially his annoying habit of shouting "boom" when making a bid.

Is that the old, good storage hunters or the newer, annoying storage hunters? 

On 25/03/2021 at 19:24, theunderstudy said:

Jessica Walter dead :( Played two of the best TV characters of the last 20 years, Lucille Bluth and Malory Archer

Oh man, only saw this today, what a legend she was. 😔 RIP. 

49 minutes ago, HanoiVillan said:

Is that the old, good storage hunters or the newer, annoying storage hunters? 

It was the lame uk version of the u.s. storage hunters. Same host, Sean Kelly. The American version was so much better. 

Similar to Pimp my ride - u.s. version hosted by rap and film star Xzibit....the uk version by...er....Tim Westwood. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, mottaloo said:

It was the lame uk version of the u.s. storage hunters. Same host, Sean Kelly. The American version was so much better. 

Similar to Pimp my ride - u.s. version hosted by rap and film star Xzibit....the uk version by...er....Tim Westwood. 

My problem with it was they self value the contents of each unit

"this spunk crusted sock will sell for $100, theres 15 of them, that's my money back already" 

They won't though will they mate 

Edited by villa4europe
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

54 minutes ago, mottaloo said:

Yes, this is exactly my summary too. I loved the US version, the British one was rubbish. Might see if I can find any of the old ones on Youtube now I think of it.

• Like 1

A pioneering businesswoman who grew Fisherman's Friend cough sweets from a small firm into a huge global brand has died aged 91. Doreen Lofthouse, known as "the mother of Fleetwood", began spreading word of the menthol and eucalyptus lozenges around the world in the 1960s.

2 minutes ago, mjmooney said:

A pioneering businesswoman who grew Fisherman's Friend cough sweets from a small firm into a huge global brand has died aged 91. Doreen Lofthouse, known as "the mother of Fleetwood", began spreading word of the menthol and eucalyptus lozenges around the world in the 1960s.

My Grandad loved them, sod knows why, they were revolting

5 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

Last time I had one it was about -5° I had a cold and was playing football, thought it would help me breath

It was like my lungs were on fire 

We used to use them to hide the smell of glue on our breath from our parents

• Like 2

2 hours ago, mjmooney said:

When I was younger there was nothing I liked better than a good suck on a fisherman's friend. 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Follyfoot said:

We used to use them to hide the smell of glue on our breath from our parents

Kid in the year below me at school died in the car park under Stirchley Bowl sniffing glue. 

5 minutes ago, sidcow said:

When I was younger there was nothing I liked better than a good suck on a fisherman's friend. 

Must... not.... Kenneth...

• Haha 2

3 hours ago, mjmooney said:

I must be tired, I read this a few times thinking she grew the sweets on a small farm. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, sidcow said:

Kid in the year below me at school died in the car park under Stirchley Bowl sniffing glue. 

As an aside, I found out yesterday on way back from the hospital that it’s been bulldozed. My first snog was in that car park when I was 14. Didn’t it used to be a Lazer Quest at one time as well or have I imagined that?

5 hours ago, Ingram85 said:

As an aside, I found out yesterday on way back from the hospital that it’s been bulldozed. My first snog was in that car park when I was 14. Didn’t it used to be a Lazer Quest at one time as well or have I imagined that?

You missed the Stirchley Bowl discussion on another thread.  Yes, there was a laser quest in part of the building once I seem to recall, and a Gym, or did the whole thing become a gym in the end?