VillaTalk Deadpool 2021

Xela

10 hours ago, Xela said:

Born in Hall Green and lived in Holly Lane, Erdington (same road I grew up on) in the 40s, while working at Fort Dunlop.

THE voice of F1. 

Used to drink in the Leopard

31 minutes ago, maqroll said:

He was a local hero when I was growing up. We loved Marvelous Marvin Hagler.

Like I said on the other thread I’m still embarrassed what  a British crowd did to him after the Minter fight But as you say many over here also loved  marvellous Marvin but from afar 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, maqroll said:

Remind me what happened

Remembering Alan Minter v Marvin Hagler: one of boxing's lowest moments

Somewhere between the racial tensions in the build-up and the rioting at Wembley Arena in the aftermath, a fight broke out

Marvin Hagler V Alan MinterMarvin Hagler v Alan Minter in 1980. Photograph: Rex/Monty Fresco/Associated Ne

it wasn't supposed to end like this for either Alan Minter or Marvin Hagler on the night of 27 September 1980. Minter had just seen his all too brief grip on the WBA/WBC world middleweight titles end in seven minutes and 45 seconds of punishment, his face a mess, blood streaming from gashes inflicted by the superb Hagler.
  • Thanks 1

42 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

Sarah Harding from girls Aloud has done something with one of the papers saying Dr's have told she won't make it to Xmas 

Breast cancer that's spread

I don't know who she is, but 39 is no age :(

Yeah, that's a shame @FollyfootBoxing is very tribal and people like to see themselves personified in the ring. I was in a jam packed bar to watch the MacGregor-Merriweather fight and all the white people were cheering for the white guy and all the black people were cheering for the black guy. Nothing necessarily wrong with that guess, but it can easily be taken too far and get ugly, obviously.

Edited by maqroll

9 minutes ago, maqroll said:

Yeah, that's a shame @FollyfootBoxing is very tribal and people like to see themselves personified in the ring. I was in a jam packed bar to watch the MacGregor-Merriweather fight and all the white people were cheering for the white guy and all the black people were cheering for the black guy. Nothing necessarily wrong with that guess, but it can easily be taken too far and get ugly, obviously.

I've seen enough Amir Khan fights in pubs to say yeah it can get very ugly... 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Phil Silvers said:

Yaphet Kotto 81 

Best known for his portrayal of Dr Kananga, also known as Mr Big, in the 1973 James Bond film Live And Let Die.

Ah bollocks 😔

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Phil Silvers said:

Yaphet Kotto 81 

Best known for his portrayal of Dr Kananga, also known as Mr Big, in the 1973 James Bond film Live And Let Die.

• Like 3