VillaTalk Deadpool 2021

Xela

6 minutes ago, Giro said:

One of my fave dmx tunes. He was one of the best at one point 

First rapper to ever go platinum twice in the same year. He was a trailblazer.

Complicated character too, struggling with demons for most of his life. His road to addiction started when someone gave him marijuana laced with crack when he was just 14. 

DMX - Slippin' (Explicit) - YouTube

slippin for me, probably my favourite hip hop song ever, proper life story stuff, great lyrics and story telling, agree that he was quietly one of the best rappers going at one point between and then there was x and great depression, i read his autobiography about 15 years ago, fascinating character, horrible upbringing and the talent, money and everything that came with it obviously didnt change him, i listen to songs like one more road to cross and yeah i think thats him thats his life, its not gangster rap bullshit, it has a different sound but the same real life believable quality of Nas

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, Keyblade said:

First rapper to ever go platinum twice in the same year. He was a trailblazer.

Complicated character too, struggling with demons for most of his life. His road to addiction started when someone gave him marijuana laced with crack when he was just 14. 

I knew someone that acquired some weed when he was on a weekend retreat with Howard Marks.

The next day he mentioned to H that it was by far the strongest strangest weed he’d ever experienced. Marks suggested that was probably because it was laced with heroin. They fell out after that and he definitely no longer hung out with Howard Marks.

• Like 1

I keep trying with rap, I really do. All your enthusiasm about this BMX or whatever he called himself intrigued me, so I gave it a listen. 

Nope. Awful. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

45 minutes ago, mjmooney said:

I keep trying with rap, I really do. All your enthusiasm about this BMX or whatever he called himself intrigued me, so I gave it a listen. 

Nope. Awful. 

Was it the barking? 

😂

I'd say he's an acquired taste that hasn't aged well but he's got his moments, hard to say but Id imagine you'd like lyricists and story tellers so I would say listen to nas illmatic and if that does nothing for you then yeah forget it

DMX raps like a very violent man but not necessarily gangster rap, think it is thug life hardcore rap, cut through some it and its his story and its really well told

15 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

hard to say but Id imagine you'd like lyricists and story tellers so I would say listen to nas illmatic and if that does nothing for you then yeah forget it

If they're good with words, but can't come up with a tune, they should write it as a book. Although it still wouldn't be high on my reading list. 

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, il_serpente said:

Never heard of him until the headlines that he was in a coma or something a couple of days ago.   Feeling old...and mooneyish.

I do have the feeling that he's a time and place thing 

For me personally I worked in a chippie with 3 greek Cypriot women who loved MTV base and had a thing for dru hill, one night after we closed the shop and were cleaning 1 of them put it on full blast and I'm hearing sisqo shouting  "what these bitches want from a n*gger" for the first time as those 3 sang along, it stood out a fair bit 😂

Just now, il_serpente said:

Never heard of him until the headlines that he was in a coma or something a couple of days ago.   Feeling old...and mooneyish.

One of his songs was used in the Deadpool movie weirdly enough.