VillaTalk Deadpool 2021

Xela

12 minutes ago, dubbs said:

The only one of DMX I really know and that's because of a computer game!

This is the song I listened to after reading the comments in here and in my WhatsApp chat. No idea if this is representative of him. It seems a touch more commercial than the songs others posted before but that’s possibly me just thinking the video looks like it’s had more money thrown at it. 

It’s not my cup of tea, I wouldn’t ever listen to it around the house. But I didn’t hate it. Sounds like it might be an ok track to run to, or if I went to a house party (remember those?) and it was playing in the background, it probably wouldn’t seem out of place.

38 minutes ago, Mark Albrighton said:

This is the song I listened to after reading the comments in here and in my WhatsApp chat. No idea if this is representative of him. It seems a touch more commercial than the songs others posted before but that’s possibly me just thinking the video looks like it’s had more money thrown at it. 

It’s not my cup of tea, I wouldn’t ever listen to it around the house. But I didn’t hate it. Sounds like it might be an ok track to run to, or if I went to a house party (remember those?) and it was playing in the background, it probably wouldn’t seem out of place.

Yeah it's more commercial, he was already like 3 or 4 albums deep into his career by this point and streamlined his sound a lot. The single was also promoting a Hollywood movie he was starring in (Cradle 2 Da Grave with Jet Li, fun Sunday afternoon action type movie that I personally love).

He tells the story of how the song became the soundtrack for the movie here:

His real heavy hitters were his first 2 albums (that actually came out in the same year). They're a lot deeper and more personal. 

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, chrisp65 said:

Yesterday was just a taster of what it will be like when Paul McCartney goes.

You certainly know how to put a downer on my day before I've even done last nights washing up :mrgreen:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

11 hours ago, villa4europe said:

Yeah if you went to a hip hop or rnb nightclub at the turn of the century its almost impossible to think that you didn't dance to DMX

Ruff ryders anthem, party up, x gon give it to ya was everywhere 

God, sounds like hell :puke:

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

44 minutes ago, Ingram85 said:

You thinking Run DMC? Don’t think DMX was ever on a ssx soundtrack? 

No I'm sure this was it.. but I am getting on and the memory isn't start it was 🤣

• Haha 1

8 hours ago, chrisp65 said:

Yesterday was just a taster of what it will be like when Paul McCartney goes.

At least the music on the radio will be better then. 

tenor.gif

3 hours ago, rjw63 said:

Never heard of DMX, or anything by him. Probably.

I've only heard it in the last couple of days from my son, an about 4 occasions putting on some diobolical noise on his phone and saying "you must know this one" 

No, no I don't son and turn that shit off. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1