VillaTalk Deadpool 2021

Xela

4 minutes ago, Davkaus said:

I think I'm on 0/5 for the third year running.

I actually will have to look up who I picked, no clue right now and then I'm going to have to think about next years entries as quite a few hard favourites have popped on the mortal coil this year

EDIT: @Xelaactually started this thread on Boxing Day last year so....

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, markavfc40 said:

Janice Long radio DJ gone aged 66.

That's hit me hard that one. 

Used to listen to her late night show in my formative years which made me realise Howard Jones was perhaps not the greatest musical artist the world was ever going to see. 

1 hour ago, markavfc40 said:

Janice Long radio DJ gone aged 66.

Ah F***, F***ity F***!

That one's a bit personal. Met Janice a good number of times, in fact she was the ex-girlfriend of a very good friend and a very good friend of many friends of mine. I wouldn't class her as a friend of mine but I knew her well enough for a hello nod across a room and the occasional chat.

Not only that but she was one of my Radio DJs of choice in my formative music years

That really has put a downer on the day and Facebook will be rather full of tributes in my friends group if I dare go on.

Not quite on John Peel levels but a lot of bands owe their careers to her, possibly the second most important Radio Dj of the 80's (behind Peel obviously)

Absolutely gutted!

On 29/12/2020 at 11:25, bickster said:

Ronald Atkins (longest living former MP)

Leslie Phillips

Dennis Skinner

Gerd Muller

Bob Dylan

Well I got Gerd Muller, I got Ronald Atkins too but he died the day I posted him and never noticed so I was playing a man down all season

Did anyone post about Ray Illingworth dying on Christmas Eve?

Currently holds the record of being the oldest player to ever play in a One Day International  having captained England in the first ever ODI in 1971

Don't think anyone had him

8 hours ago, TheAuthority said:

I got a Desmond!

Average!? Pffft - If you got above a 2-2 you weren't being a student right.

2.2s are for swots. A 3rd is a Gentleman's Degree. 

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Seat68 said:

John Madden has died. The man whose name appeared on the sega bargain bin games of the 90s. May he sleep well with Ecco the dolphin. 

The years he summarised with Al Michaels were my peak years of interest in football. I also only know what a 'turducken' is because of Madden.

2 hours ago, Seat68 said:

John Madden has died. The man whose name appeared on the sega bargain bin games of the 90s. May he sleep well with Ecco the dolphin. 

Doink 😢

2 hours ago, Seat68 said:

A real life interception 😪