VillaTalk Deadpool 2021

Xela

2 minutes ago, mjmooney said:

And a Brummie. 

Born in Hall Green and lived in Holly Lane, Erdington (same road I grew up on) in the 40s, while working at Fort Dunlop.

THE voice of F1. 

Nooooo.  

I guess this means that Jack Grealish inherits the title of Greatest Living Brummie but Murray Walker was awesome.  

• Like 2

Almost certainly apocryphal, but I always liked the story of him being asked who the best person he'd met in his F1 commentary career was. You expect him to say one of the legends or one of the characters of the sport down the years, it's just a matter of who - Senna, Schumacher, Mansell, Villeneuve, Hill, so on. But he looked into the distance, thought a moment and made his choice, declaring in his inimitable style...

'Jim Rosenthal'.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Xela said:

Born in Hall Green and lived in Holly Lane, Erdington (same road I grew up on) in the 40s, while working at Fort Dunlop.

THE voice of F1. 

Wow. Nigel Mansell is from Hall Green to.  Must be something in the water, maybe they draw it from Sarehole Mill. 

On 11/03/2021 at 20:27, sidcow said:

I had a 3d super woofer.  Loved it to bits. 

3d5-one-jpg.5877

I've just been thinking about this.  I don't recall what happened to it. I've s sneeky feeling it might actually be around somewhere.  Could be in my parents loft, or even in my loft, I've got boxes of stuff I've not been in for donkeys years. 

I've certainly got no memory of it breaking or selling it. 

1 hour ago, sidcow said:

Wow. Nigel Mansell is from Hall Green to.  Must be something in the water, maybe they draw it from Sarehole Mill. 

Mansell went to my school (Moseley Grammar), the year above me. He was already a big name in the school for his go-kart racing. 

• Like 2

14 hours ago, meregreen said:

Marvin Hagler. Gone aged 66.

The golden age of boxing in my opinion. Sugar Ray Leonard, Larry Holmes, Ernie Shavers, Roberto Duran, Thomas Hearns....in the days when boxing was pure entertainment and no fixed draws just to do rematches to squeeze more money out of the punters.

Edited by mottaloo
  • Like 1