Ratings & Reactions: West Brom v Villa

limpid

Match Polls  

271 members have voted

1. 1. Who was your Man of the Match?

2. 2. Manager's Performance

3. 3. Refereeing Performance

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 22/12/20 at 23:59

loved the link up between traore and cash. el ghazi was lively again and did well. the CBs continued their good partnership. watkins was more up for it too i thought. mcginn was really good too i thought

Not been a fan so far - but Traroe Motm for me.

Work to do on finishing - which might sound odd considering the score line - but we dithered in the final 3rd.

Probably the most optimistic at villa at Christmas for many a year though.

Great result and performance. Only gave Smith good as he should definitely have made changes when we were 3 up. Watkins probably kept on to see if he could get a goal for some confidence, but with the number of games coming up...why the f*ck would you not make a single sub

Edit: too negative given the position we're in, maybe I'm just too used to things going wrong for us that I can't accept good things...

Edited by MrBlack

We were a tad too complacent for my liking, for long periods. Then again, this comfortable approach paid off in the end, so don't want be too critical. Smith ought to use the subs better though. 

Traore MotM for me. Still early days, but he is certainly improving. 

• Confused 3

Aston Villa winger Anwar El Ghazi: "Amazing night for me and Aston Villa, another derby we have won. I am proud and happy.

"Against Burnley we were unlucky and I was a bit upset and played a good game against them and should have scored two. I could have done something against West Brom and I did.

"We had space in the second half and it could have been faster but it is a good result.

"Before the red card it was easier and after they sat back, playing on the counter so it was harder.

"Bertrand Traore scored an amazing goal and we have learnt from last season. Aston Villa were afraid and shaky but we have to keep working hard and looking forward to what the season brings us."

• Like 2

Good win. Comfortable throughout. Didn’t get out of second gear really. Just a shame Watkins never got his goal, I think he needs it. He looked downtrodden with his goal being chalked off again! 

Traore and El Ghazi looked good. The finish from Traore was great, sold SJ with the Watkins run and rolled it in. Great stuff. 

Grealish was good, but not at his best. Bring on Boxing Day!

Just now, OutByEaster? said:

Watching Grealish in the ninetieth minute run the legs of Robinson who'd just come on over fifty yards, you do get a sense of just how extraordinary he is.

Watched the Burnley game with a lad from Rome who has watched Roma all his life (he's old like me btw) and whilst I have compared him to Totti in terms of my hopes that he'll be our captain and be a one club player, he was pointing out just how similar they are as players. These last two games he's started as a proper 10 he has looked every inch a Totti, he'll have to score  more for the comparison to be fully right but they do look very very similar players.

• Like 2

Â