Ratings & Reactions: West Brom v Villa

limpid

Match Polls  

271 members have voted

1. 1. Who was your Man of the Match?

2. 2. Manager's Performance

3. 3. Refereeing Performance

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 22/12/20 at 23:59

8 minutes ago, alreadyexists said:

Hause’s was never a red. It was clumsy and a yellow, but no danger, or malice, so just a yellow. 

Hope you're right about the danger, the BBC live texter wrote that he was shocked because he saw the WBA player's ankle turn. :s But it also sounded like there was no malice, like you say. : > Gonna see on MOTD coming up. Poor old West Brom, I feel a bit sorry for them with just one single shot in the whole game, blimey. That's dreadful! :s

Edited by robby b

A welcome 3 points and a great start to the Christmas schedule. Always nice to beat the Baggies.

We have struggled against 10 men over recent years but had the advantage of being a goal up rather than trying to breakdown 10 men for a win.

A professional performance but the man of the match a difficult decision. Lots of good performances but i think Traore just shades it by the chance he created for AEG and the class of his finish.

Traore and AEG under the spotlight and competing for the third starting forward spot when Trez is fit. I just wish we could get Ollie involved in the game, such a shame VAR chalked off his goal.

Still, nice to  be starting Christmas in the top half and with a couple of games in hand. We seem to have established ourselves again, now need to add quality and push on.

UTV

• Like 1

That was a great team performance.

Gave MOM to Traore. He really showed what he can do tonight. And that goal - cool.

Really the entire team played well, especially El Ghazi, Grealish and McGinn, but we do miss a lot of chances.

And VAR is shit; bring back referees!!

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, mikeyp102 said:

Very comfortable.

Jack ran the show, McGinn was outpacing numerous players. Ghazi took his goals well and was unlucky with a couple of good saves from Johnstone. Traore best game. 

Albion. Rubbish. Rubbish Rubbish. Worst team in the league. Big Sam has a fight on his hands to keep up his record. 
Let’s loan them Louie Barry 😂

Let's not. He's in a good place at the moment, don't want to destroy the lad

15 minutes ago, sheepyvillian said:

To think, some were actually calling for big Sam last season to save us from the drop.

Can you imagine having to watch that kind of football, week in and week out ?

To be fair, he's got a much worse team, and he's been there for 3 days.

15 minutes ago, sheepyvillian said:

To think, some were actually calling for big Sam last season to save us from the drop.

Can you imagine having to watch that kind of football, week in and week out ?

To be fair I think he's had one training session with them, but he's not one for pretty football, you're right.

That said, Albion's squad is absolute shit so he'll do well to get a tune out of them however he sets them up.

• Like 3

39 minutes ago, Eligius said:

I was actually laughing out loud in the first half when the few times Albion got the ball they just hoofed it up the pitch with nobody there, easy way for us to get back possesion.

It’s refreshing to not see us play like that every game! (Edit: meaning not to be hoofing the ball up the pitch for the opposition to immediately take possession)

Villa actually play football now... It’s exciting to be a Villa fan again where as for the best part of the last 10 years?

Its been quite painful

Edited by DJ_Villain
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, NurembergVillan said:

To be fair I think he's had one training session with them, but he's not one for pretty football, you're right.

That said, Albion's squad is absolute shit so he'll do well to get a tune out of them however he sets them up.

Totally, to be fair to Allardyce he's had zero time to work with them, this result/performance has nothing to do with him. He will get them grinding out the points and this season you won't need many to stay up so who knows. 

• Like 2

Â