Ratings & Reactions: West Brom v Villa

limpid

Match Polls  

271 members have voted

1. 1. Who was your Man of the Match?

2. 2. Manager's Performance

3. 3. Refereeing Performance

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 22/12/20 at 23:59

Hard to judge the game seriously, given the paucity of the opposition and the fact they had 10 men. (Although I did have to count them as I could have sworn they had only 6)

I remember watching Man United games under Ferguson sometimes, and seeing them win games without seemingly trying. It's the mark of a good side. And we did that tonight.

Well done lads. 

Onto the next game against a side who just conceded 7. No, not them, the other ones. 

UTV!!

• Like 2

Great game to watch...... If your a neutral. We should have kept the ball more at 1 nil and drew west Brom out, instead we went all out attack and presented West Brom with opportunies they were to poor to take. 

Special mention to the ref, Atkins allowed West Brom to kick Grealish time and time again, this led to him losing  control of the game and ultimately led to West Brom having a player sent off, for a tackle that could have broke Jack's leg. Atkins is shit. 

By the end we were almost totally on top and giving the Baggies the thrashing they deserved all match. So pleased  to see Traore score and such a great goal.

AEG was the one who played with the most drive and consistency throughout, so I gave him MOTM. Two goals helps his cause as well.

Bye bye Baggies.

EDIT

Oh, also give a shout out to Targett who I thought had an excellent game.

Edited by briny_ear
  • Like 1

I thought Traore was excellent, gave him my MOTM but in actuality, there were a lot of contenders. 
we were In Total control well before the Red card, but it could have been a lot trickier if Hause had been red carded - and let’s face it, we’ve all seen them given for that kind of contact.

I love how far we’ve come in such a short time. We are without two first choice players and easily dispatched a relegation candidate -not something we have reliably done in over a decade.

I gave smith an average only because I felt he could have rested a few guys with 10-15 minutes to go. But that’s another sign of our progress, that I consider the manager average when we the baggies by 3 - it really shows how Deano has shifted our expectations in 2020.

1 minute ago, romavillan said:

Watched the Burnley game with a lad from Rome who has watched Roma all his life (he's old like me btw) and whilst I have compared him to Totti in terms of my hopes that he'll be our captain and be a one club player, he was pointing out just how similar they are as players. These last two games he's started as a proper 10 he has looked every inch a Totti, he'll have to score  more for the comparison to be fully right but they do look very very similar players.

Absolutely. And I keep telling more casual football fans how Jack is that level of player. I wonder when they’ll start believing me. 

Traoré has set his own personal bar tonight. I thought he was class. I still gave Jack MOTM because he still ran the show. I was happy for AEG but he still shoots when he shouldn't. Not a bad word to say about anyone. Ollie goal should've counted from what I saw. 

• Like 3

Bloody great result. I was definitely a bit nervy with that 1 goal for so long because you never know with Villa but in the end nice and comfortable. Very pleased for Traore tonight, got himself into the groove and thrived. 

The Deano masterclass' just keep rolling in. What a manager. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Eligius said:

According to the BBC stats we had 19 shots to their 1, I honestly can't remember them having that 1. 

Matt Phillips direct free kick from about 40 yards out. Emi could have saved it in his sleep.

• Like 1

Satisfying two goals at the end there. Sit back down, Baggies.

VAR doing it's best to ruin the fun of watching a game of football. If the Premier League isn't compelled by a massive fan pressure campaign, or a public explosion by a mild mannered manager, I fear it will continue to choke the life out of the sport we love. It truly is a sad situation when fans are now reflexively censoring their joy as they watch the game. Horrific situation that is totally infuriating. 

Kourtney Hause with two clean sheets in 2 appearances, so good for him.

AEG and Traore both deserve MOTM, but I'm giving it to AEG, only because he's been slagged off on this board lately rather harshly. But he's scored three goals in three games now and despite misfiring a lot, he's been a really positive attacking player who has the trust of the Villa players around him. He's earned himself another start, IMO.

Traore had easily his best shift in a Villa shirt. Great assist on the first goal and an assassin's finish for the second. Very clever player. I'm not sure how Trezeguet gets back in the starting 11.

Europa League must be the mantra now. 

UTV

• Like 4

Excellent three points. Happy for El Ghazi, shows that every player counts.

Ridiculous VAR call once again for Watkins, I've actually stopped celebrating goals right away which is sad.

• Like 2

Â