Ratings & Reactions: Villa v Burnley

limpid

Match Polls  

192 members have voted

1. 1. Who was your Man of the Match?

2. 2. Manager's Performance

3. 3. Refereeing Performance

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 19/12/20 at 23:59

Unlucky boys, finishing aside that was a dominant performance with a depleted first 11. Pleased with Hause stepping in and performing well.

Onto WBA with Cash, Douglas and hopefully Barkley back in the team.

Edited by AV82
  • Like 2

Just now, StefanAVFC said:

17 'Good' ratings for the ref? I'll have what you're smoking lads.

Didn't book Mee, let them time waste, gave only 2 mins added time, then let Burnley use 90 seconds of that to make a sub, and add barely nothing on.

The very good was the icing on the cake for me :D 

We simply had too little quality to win that game against a limited but stubborn side.

El Ghazi tried to shoot too often, traore to little and Jack (understandably) wasnt at his best. 

We needed just a little bit of luck and got none.

I think this game shows how limited we are if we take a few players out of this side. If Doug plays over the one dimensional Nakamba we win that game, his extra quality could well have been the difference.

Just now, StefanAVFC said:

Didn't book Mee, let them time waste, gave only 2 mins added time, then let Burnley use 90 seconds of that to make a sub, and add barely nothing on.

I don't understand this either. What the **** are people seeing out there?

Shouted and swearing the house down all game. So frustrating. El Ghazi had about 15 shots, no composure at all.

Sick of Jack playing Traore and El Ghazi in just for them to be so wasteful all game.

Burnley are a joke club. Such anti football is painful viewing. 28 efforts on goal, post, bar, off the line. Just not getting what we deserve this season. Massive chance missed again. Such a lack of quality in the squad.

Positives- another clean sheet. No injuries. Players suspensions served. 

Watkins poor again. 

Fed up

• Like 2

1 minute ago, drewdat said:

Burnley didn't just not deserve the point. They deserve administration. What a shocking display.

We miss about the chances of 5 games put together and don't win but hey yeah let's direct our anger towards Burnley. Grow up.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

One of those games - could easily have finished 4-0. House, Elmo and Nakamba did well coming in. AEG has all the attributes to be a top class striker but never quite hits the heights.
Still early days for Traore - he seems to be trying hard and working hard but quite a ways to go yet. 
We’ve got a thin squad but a couple of quality additions and we could easily be looking at a top 8 finish ( without and I think 10th-12th)

Hopefully the luck in front of goal we lacked tonight will be in evidence on Sunday 

• Like 3

We completely dominated that and should have comfortably won.

I'm still waiting to see what Traore brings. You see that there's a player in there with some skill, but his end product is horrible at the moment. AEG is getting in dangerous positions or creating chances, but he should have scored at least 2 or 3. Nakamba was tidy and shows he is a decent back-up to luiz. Elmo and hause had good games too.

I noticed a lot of people screaming for a striker in january. Not sure what they want, we just bought the championship top scorer for £28m, an even better or higher rated striker would cost around £40m. Watkins is not scoring for fun these days, but he is not a bystander. he works his socks of. This game was down to bad finishing, not down to bad players. Another day we would have scored.

• Like 2

We were missing 5 players from the first 11, 4 of whom were making there first starts for months, and if we remembered our shooting boots we would have won that in a canter. 

Frustrating, but it's good that we were easily the better with half the team missing. 

1 minute ago, StefanAVFC said:

I really didn’t understand anything of the two minutes added on. You almost add four by default, and there were a lot of stoppages in this game. Should have been five minutes minimum. Baffling.

• Like 1

Don’t think I’ve been this angry. Not sure if it’s the fact we didn’t win, or watching Burnley. 

I reckon 77 mins of footie was played today with their time wasting. 

Very angry. 

Â