Ratings & Reactions: Villa v Burnley

limpid

Match Polls  

192 members have voted

1. 1. Who was your Man of the Match?

2. 2. Manager's Performance

3. 3. Refereeing Performance

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 19/12/20 at 23:59

Traore seems hopelessly neurotic

He tidied up very calmly defensively a few times, but he always seems to delay or over-elaborate in attack. He never seems to really relish being 1 on 1 with a defender, just gets rid of the ball and waits until he can receive the ball in enough space to do something fancy

I really hope Watkins can just snatch a couple of proper centre forward goals in the next couple and get his confidence up

Just now, blunther said:

Well said. Some people need to calm down and try and enjoy the season for what it is. All we've wanted for a decade is mid table obscurity. We have a likeable bunch of young players. Let's support them and see where we can get to. 

You know it's OK to be upset in a post match thread after you have failed to score against Burnley at home?

• Sad 1

I thought the fringe players that came in did well. Elmo had a really good game, Nakamba didn’t score an own goal and Hause was dominant. 

Just so, so, so frustrating to not have won. It was one of those days but we really need to find a way to score on nights like this. 

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Dale said:

I was one of them. The finishing was poor, but by far and away our best non Jack wing performance this season. Shooting on the mover practice. Perfect free kick too! 

We all see the game in different ways but for me Nakamba, Hause, Elmo and Emi were all did their job enough to rank higher. Grealish was the clear MOTM. AEG got in some good positions, made a good run and hit a good free kick but his job is to score at least one goal out of all those chances and frankly he failed.

Not saying that's the end of him - he'll get sharper with more games - I'm just saying I think he was a long way from the best player on the pitch.

Edited by Vancvillan
spelling

6 minutes ago, est1874 said:

Nah I'm not having that at all.

I'm absolutely livid at that result and so should the manager be.

Jack Grealish has walked off the pitch arguing with himself, the only words I could make out were "**** crap!"

And he was right - it was **** crap. Gaffer should feel the same, but he's just told Prime Video that he's disappointed but the clean sheet was really important.

Not good enough. It's 2 points dropped.

I understand what you are saying but we literally did everything but score.  We have a good scoring record this season, it was just one of those games that we never were going even if played another 90 minutes.  After Jack did that lovely mazy run and then skyed it over, I knew it was done.  Another day with the same chances we would be winning that game 3-0.  Yes 2 points dropped and a very frustrating game and I’m bitterly disappointed.

14 minutes ago, romavillan said:

unlucky overall had the AEG shot off the bar and the Hause header off the post both gone in we'd be congratulating them on a comfortable win. Fine lines.

If Lowton not standing where he was Elmo deflected shot goes in off Watkin's chest

• Like 1

Frustrating indeed as we had so many chances to win this one;just poor with our finishing and very unlucky with hitting the woodwork.

I frowned when I saw the line up but   tbh hat's off to those that came in.

Just not our night in front of goal but another point gained and a clean sheet so not all disastrous.

Bring on WBA

Â