Ratings & Reactions: Villa v Burnley

limpid

Match Polls  

192 members have voted

1. 1. Who was your Man of the Match?

2. 2. Manager's Performance

3. 3. Refereeing Performance

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 19/12/20 at 23:59

I forgot this was on and only saw the last 5 minutes. But we could have scored 2 or 3 during that short time! Looks like I missed a frustrating evening.

I'm a bit confused by the MOTM list at the head of this thread.  It has Konsa, and he has received 8 votes. But the BBC tells me that Hause played, not Konsa.

Can someone help me on who actually played?

6 minutes ago, Vancvillan said:

If AEG is the best finisher in training he hides it well on match day.  Wasn't all bad - that free kick and got in some good positions but how 9 people have given him MOTM so far is beyond me.

I clicked on his name in the Vote on top of the screen. 

1 minute ago, briny_ear said:

I forgot this was on and only saw the last 5 minutes. But we could have scored 2 or 3 during that short time! Looks like I missed a frustrating evening.

I'm a bit confused by the MOTM list at the head of this thread.  It has Konsa, and he has received 8 votes. But the BBC tells me that Hause played, not Konsa.

hause...i, like the others presumably, voted konsa as i meant hause to get MOTM

• Like 1

1 minute ago, nick76 said:

Do you know what, it's actually massive progressive that we are thinking this.  While I'm unhappy we didnt have the win we deserved, it's great now that after almost a third of the season there was only one game we were really outplayed......I'll love that in the cold light of day tomorrow.  We are close to being a really good team if we can put more goals to performances like this....

Disappointed tonight though!

You are right, tomorrow will feel different, but it's happening a lot. With competent finishing, we should be top six at least by now. We will regret not taking advantage of the weird circumstances that have produced this season, if we don't kick on. 

Just now, maqroll said:

I've never seen anything like that from a Villa side. Baffling lack off end product. Incredibly frustrating but at least we didn't cough it all up at the end like we did against West Ham.

The less said about Burnley the better.

You could see how comfortable Jack and AEG are playing together. I'd like to see Anwar get another start. He tested Pope a number of times and worked himself into good positions all game. More playing time this season and he scores a hat trick tonight.

Mings missed two open headers. Hause came closer to scoring and played well, I thought.

Maddening pass from Traore when he should've shot. Seems to lack composure inside the box.

We needed Barkley tonight, again.

Big picture though, I can't be too upset. We dominated the game. We are getting relegated. We might as well sit back and enjoy the ups and downs and see how the players progress. The transfer window could inject some life into a push for a Europa League spot.

Frustrating result but look where we were 2 seasons ago. This is butter on toast.

UTV

Id like to see EL Ghazi never start again

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, NurembergVillan said:

Imagine being a Burnley fan and watching that shit every week.  **** horrible.

In other news, we couldn't finish our dinner, as usual.

Imagine being a fan of a club who takes one solitary point from home games against Leeds, Southampton, Brighton and Burnley and yet still in with a chance of a top half finish. 

It's a crazy season.

Burnley got what they wanted and we can only blame ourselves. Again.

Edited by One For The Road
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, briny_ear said:

Hause

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Johnnyp said:

Does he score from general play, usually ? Thought we were pretty decent on set pieces. And midfield did alright.

If he 'Usually' scored we wouldn't be debating !  - On the bench he was statistically our best goalscorer - he should have got 20 minutes IMO. 

8 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

On the one hand so angry we haven’t won. On the hand we had 4 key players out and just destroyed a team that comfortably stayed up last season. 

Frustrating but boy have we come a long way.

Nail on the head

• Like 1

Â