Ratings & Reactions: Villa v Burnley

limpid

Match Polls  

192 members have voted

1. 1. Who was your Man of the Match?

2. 2. Manager's Performance

3. 3. Refereeing Performance

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 19/12/20 at 23:59

Just now, Spoony said:

Jesus. We spent £50m on Watkins and Traore and haven’t improved at all up from. Might have actually gone backwards.

To think our only other option is Wesley. I thought I’d eaten humble pie with Watkins but I’m now backtracking on that. 

We have though. Just had an utter clown on the left squander several chances and not only that wasted all our final third possession with crap shots crap passes and garbage decisions

Frustrating, frustrating, frustrating. 33 efforts on goal and a nil-nil.

There were some really bright points and we've created an absolute bundle, but you've got to win that.

El Ghazi had eight shots.

Watkins is excellent when the opposition wants to play, when they put men behind the ball, he's much less effective and we need to find a way to change that.

We did more than enough to win, Burnley have been very lucky, I'd love to know the last time we had that many efforts on goal in a game, I'm pretty sure we'd have won it.

Balls.

• Like 4

Put Cash and Trezeuget back in against WBA and we look a lot stronger.

Nakamba was fine as was Hause. Traore continues to look a 5 mil bargain not a 20 mil player at all.

Just one of those games unfortunately, no team is clinical in every game, it happens.

We have 47,452 shots on target and dont score....just one of those games, just frustrating.  I did think we might concede given we did everything but score and those games do get pinched by the opposition a lot so at least we didnt do that. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, holteend1982 said:

27 shots no goals. One of the most frustrating performances I've seen from us. We were desperate for wingers after last season and we've ended up with traore who's no better than Trezeguet. El ghazi is championship level and why he kept shooting from 30 odd yards I'll never know. On the plus side another clean sheet and Hause looked pretty solid, nakamba wasn't bad either but overall its 3 points thrown away against a garbage Burnley side. 

2 points. We got 1 out of possible 3

• Like 1

Just now, Rodders said:

Intensely frustrating. But we didn't create enough proper chances..some yes but many of the chances were tough speculative ones. Still, finishing was poor. We need to smash the shit out of the baggies.

Watkins is really disappointing me though 

We really did. Absolutely incredible we haven’t scored. I’ve not seen many games as one sided as this. Should have beaten them by five.

• Like 3

Â