Ratings & Reactions: Villa v Burnley

limpid

Match Polls  

192 members have voted

1. 1. Who was your Man of the Match?

2. 2. Manager's Performance

3. 3. Refereeing Performance

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 19/12/20 at 23:59

Just now, Vancvillan said:

If AEG is the best finisher in training he hides it well on match day.  Wasn't all bad - that free kick and got in some good positions but how 9 people have given him MOTM so far is beyond me.

I was one of them. The finishing was poor, but by far and away our best non Jack wing performance this season. Shooting on the mover practice. Perfect free kick too! 

Burnley are turgid and offer nothing of any excitement or quality. 

I’d rather been in Lockdown for all of 2021 than support that sheet show. 

very frustrated. That should be 3 points not 1. Big ask to win the next two games. We must do that 

• Like 1

Just now, Dale said:

I was one of them. The finishing was poor, but by far and away our best non Jack wing performance this season. Shooting on the mover practice. Perfect free kick too! 

He was terrible - free kick was decent if it was perfect he would of scored.. Every other shot was complete trash

Just now, LondonLax said:

We do struggle against teams that park the bus. Sheffield was tough going as well even though they only had 10 men. 

While I agree I'm not sure this game qualifies. We created countless openings, had 27 shots and should have scored at least 5-10.

Burnley didn't so much park a bus as park a decrepid, leaking old bicycle. 

1 minute ago, Lerner's Driver said:

Not good enough. Another team we have outplayed and should have beaten. Dreadful finishing and decision-making when it counts. Traore too casual, El Ghazi played well, but poor shooting. We are trying to walk it in. Decent performance, very disappointing result. Again.

Do you know what, it's actually massive progressive that we are thinking this.  While I'm unhappy we didnt have the win we deserved, it's great now that after almost a third of the season there was only one game we were really outplayed......I'll love that in the cold light of day tomorrow.  We are close to being a really good team if we can put more goals to performances like this....

Disappointed tonight though!

• Like 3

1 minute ago, hippo said:

But when your well on top - and short on goal scorers - he surely deserved 20 minutes FFS ? 

Does he score from general play, usually ? Thought we were pretty decent on set pieces. And midfield did alright.

1 minute ago, nick76 said:

To be fair, not much else he could do.......the players just didnt score, we got the chances and plenty of them.  We didnt really look like conceding, not sure what else you expect from him.  He had a little smile with Tarkowski and you do him for that, without any context or anything of what was said.......that's poor form from you!

Nah I'm not having that at all.

I'm absolutely livid at that result and so should the manager be.

Jack Grealish has walked off the pitch arguing with himself, the only words I could make out were "**** crap!"

And he was right - it was **** crap. Gaffer should feel the same, but he's just told Prime Video that he's disappointed but the clean sheet was really important.

Not good enough. It's 2 points dropped.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Last seasons villa would have lost that 1-0 to add the cherry on the cake 

we should beat shit teams like Burnley but on the plus side they look like their stay in the Premier league is on borrowed time if not this season then next and I doubt they will be missed.

keeping a clean sheet without Konsa and cash was unexpected and all things considered Hause gets MOTM tonight , didn’t really do anything wrong considering he’s been injured and not played for some months .

Watkins needs some help or benching he’s got some ability but he’s not using it well at the moment .

Getting Barkley  back will make a difference, but the  Jan window decides if we are settling for simply staying up or going to make a push for top half , we need something more up top.Traore and El G weren’t terrible but we need better than both of them .  

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, LondonLax said:

We do struggle against teams that park the bus. Sheffield was tough going as well even though they only had 10 men. 

Tonight is when we needed Barkley to help us unlock the defence.  I know we had plenty of chances but the combo of Jack and Barkley maybe would've created those clear cut chances that surely we would've scored.

Â