Winter transfer window 2020/1

barry'sboots

3 hours ago, Tomaszk said:

Bremen blew it with Rashica then. Two big injuries for him and that £30m they wanted is up in dust. No one will touch him until the summer and he can prove his fitness. If they do, it'll be heavily discounted.

Be a player I'd love to see here.

Karma. For club and player.

• Like 3

Lookman is the sort of player I can see us going for end of season if Fulham go down which I think is still pretty likely.

He's on loan from Leipzig isn't he so they'll be wanting to sell him back to the prem for 20m ish end of season  and think he'd improve us out wide as bar the woeful penalty (would fit in well just for that) he's certainly improved Fulham in final third and scored a couple of nice goals so decent finisher.

Fits the profile we like now given he's still only 23.

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, VillaChris said:

Lookman is the sort of player I can see us going for end of season if Fulham go down which I think is still pretty likely.

He's on loan from Leipzig isn't he so they'll be wanting to sell him back to the prem for 20m ish end of season  and think he'd improve us out wide as bar the woeful penalty (would fit in well just for that) he's certainly improved Fulham in final third and scored a couple of nice goals so decent finisher.

Fits the profile we like now given he's still only 23.

Is He left sided?

20 hours ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

To continue to progress, Mcginn will need to be droppable when he goes off the boil, not a guaranteed starter just because hes Mcginn.

Should also have to fight to win his place back, long term, goes for all of them to be fair.

I don't understand why Dean has us playing with three attack minded midfielders, none of which seems to be doing a defensive role (or at least succeeding at it).

I don't think Nakamba is the longterm answer but we need someone who can give the defence some cover and I seem to remember when on form Nakamba was pretty decent at tackles, blocks and interceptions, just not very good at passing. I would honestly rather play Ramsey than McGinn on current form. I think John would be a good impact sub also. 

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, VillanousOne said:

I don't understand why Dean has us playing with three attack minded midfielders, none of which seems to be doing a defensive role (or at least succeeding at it).

I don't think Nakamba is the longterm answer but we need someone who can give the defence some cover and I seem to remember when on form Nakamba was pretty decent at tackles, blocks and interceptions, just not very good at passing. 

Smith doesnt play with a blocker, rather a withdrawn playmaker. 

12 hours ago, VillanousOne said:

I don't think Nakamba is the longterm answer but we need someone who can give the defence some cover and I seem to remember when on form Nakamba was pretty decent at tackles, blocks and interceptions, just not very good at passing. I would honestly rather play Ramsey than McGinn on current form. I think John would be a good impact sub also. 

100% we need two defensive minded midfielders in the middle of a 4-2-3-1.

I do however think Nakamba might be a bit crap at filling in for his full back who has gone forward though, no evidence of this it’s just what I think.

McGinn is not a defensive midfielder and just because we all love the guy doesn’t mean he should start if that is the only place he has in the team right now with Barkley on loan.

• Like 1

We need a pacey LB to challenge Targett. I also still think we need another CB.

At the moment, if Konsa or Mings suddenly start playing consistently poorly I still wouldn't want Hause or Engels to come in for them.

It's a tough one as we probably also need another attacking option and a DM.

**** it, sign all the players!!!

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, hippo said:

If we aren't in relegation trouble - and Europe being very much a bonus if even feasible .I can see us doing very little business in Jan.

When I actually think it SHOULD be the opposite. If we are in with a view of Europe ( Even if it happened or not ) we would be in a prime position to attract a higher quality of player ( Which me might not get another opportunity ). Which would then help us get their long term and solidify our position, plus strengthen the squad.

We are very light on quality depth as it is already.

All the tops teams and some other are now starting to pick up steam, I don't foresee us steamrolling as we have in the beginning of the season.

We are a few injuries away from being last season's Villa.

We need.to strike when the iron is hot.

Even if it is for just ONE quality player in January.

Edited by JAMAICAN-VILLAN
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

When I actually think it SHOULD be the opposite. If we are in with a view of Europe ( Even if it happened or not ) we would be in a prime position to attract a higher quality of player ( Which me might not get another opportunity ). Which would then help us get their long term and solidify our position, plus strengthen the squad.

All the tops teams and some other are now starting to pick up steam, I don't foresee us steamrolling as we have in the beginning of the season.

quality players are rarely available in January though, its a time for panic signings

• Like 1

We need a striker, winger, DMC, boxtobox, left back and CB. Assuming a dmc/boxtobox can be sorted by one player if we move Luiz forwards and a winger/striker can be sorted by one player  we still need 3-4  players without outgoings.  

We just have to accept gaping holes to be left unfixed. We simply need time to adress everything.

I'd probably prioritise a CB in january, and maybe a striker, then leave the rest for the summer.

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

If we become last season's villa - with the players we have something is very, very wrong.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Zatman said:

quality players are rarely available in January though, its a time for panic signings

I'm thinking more along the lines of targets we already had lined up or under consideration, but didn't pull the trigger for one reason or another.

Edited by JAMAICAN-VILLAN
  • Like 1

22 hours ago, VillaChris said:

Maybe we could put him on pens? ;)

1 hour ago, hippo said:

If we become last season's villa - with the players we have something is very, very wrong.

Agreed, but we are a couple of injuries away, and can't guarantee those will perform at their best.

Although obviously Luiz, Ramsey, and Trezeguet at 1000 percent are exceptions.

McGinn looks overweight to me which is still impacting on his form.

Luiz is tidy but doesn’t have the physical attributes to be a Premiership DM.

When you consider the above Villa are still too soft through the middle while I think a more rugged centre back is needed to play alongside either Konsa or Mings.

I’d also be inclined to play Cash further forward on the wing with Guilbert behind him. In my opinion Cash isn’t a Premiership FB and would improve Villa’s options out wide

A more physical DM is needed in Jan plus a better quality back up striker and someone to challenge Target. I’d also like to see a CB come in with more steel.

• Like 2