Winter transfer window 2020/1

barry'sboots

1 hour ago, jacketspuds said:

CB is a big priority in January.

Then take your pick from a LB, LW, CM and ST. We need players in all of those positions.

We have players leaving out of contract in the summer their positions will be first.

LB/CM 

then the order of need is a centre back another CM and a forward of the nine striker kind 

On 30/11/2020 at 14:20, Dave-R said:

Did Leon bailey get a move last season, did he get snapped up by anyone??

And when does Takefuson Kubo loan end at VillaReal, should make a big play for him what a player I reckon hed be for us.

Leon Bailey is still at Leverkusen, and his contract is until '23. He is valued at 29.5m euro.

As for Kubo, his loan ends at the end of the season, and he goes back to Real Madrid. His value is currently 30m euro.

This all according to transfermarkt, mate.

• Thanks 1

6 hours ago, jacketspuds said:

CB is a big priority in January.

Then take your pick from a LB, LW, CM and ST. We need players in all of those positions.

I’m not sure about priority. Mings is frustrating to watch at times but a club like Villa aren’t going to do an awful lot better at this point.

We need to fill out the bench with players who can make an impact out wide and up front. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Sulberto21 said:

I've said it before and I am not ashamed to say it again but Harry Souttar is a must buy. Young strapping center back who can play out the back brave and quick with a coolness of thought and mind.

I think he might be a good shout.

17 hours ago, TrentVilla said:

Our bench/squad is woeful, we still need 4 or 5 players.

but we need the right type of players more importantly.....we need more contrast in style to complete the whole.

If we keep signing the same as what we have got, and think they are better.....we will never improve.

Our defence has gone back to being Championship standard, I hope we'll be looking at some new defenders, a CB and a LB for me (Cash deserves more time seeing as he was signed this season). Wijndal from AZ would be a good shout for LB. 

I personally like our midfield when everyone is fit, but don't think Trezeguet is good enough to be starting every week and Traore hasn't exactly set the world alight. So a new starting winger should be looked at, maybe revisit Sarr from Watford. The Rashica thing is obviously annoying, but he's been linked again recently. If he's serious about joining then we should revisit, otherwise move on.

Wesley coming back will be good for Watkins, could do with competition and allows him to play wide if necessary. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1