Winter transfer window 2020/1

barry'sboots

17 hours ago, paul514 said:

Do you have anything to back up your belief? I haven’t followed the accounts but I doubt there is room for more spending under the regulations.

Given that I’m not the clubs chief financial officer, no, I can’t categorically be certain that Villa have money to spend in January. That’s why it’s a belief, not a fact. 🙄

• Haha 2

22 hours ago, Mjvilla said:

I'd agree with most of that. I would put in there though that a central midfielder would be useful. I actually agree with @TRO that we need a tough tackling, high energy DM. I think to have the option to play a different way would be ideal. Also, if Doug gets injured, I don't think and more importantly I don't think Dean thinks that nakamba is up to it. I think LB would ok till next summer in all honesty. Targett isn't a world beater but he is ok. I think DM and probably a back up CB would be of more importance.

a decent backup CB might give Mings incentive. It's perhaps abit too comfortable for him right now. 

Also, a attack minded player that could play in a number of positions. A utility attacker if you like. I don't like el ghazi at all.

I agree completely with the need for a different type of DM, more physical presence and athleticism. 👍

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, KenjiOgiwara said:

A bit of a controvesial suggestion, but are people sure McGinn is the way forward? I'm not suggesting to sell him. I rate him a lot, but he goes missing so many matches I wonder if it's a good idea to look for a quality competition for him as well. 

I guess if we sign a quality DM we could potentially move Luiz into McGinn's role when needed. 

I know most people will choke on their coffee from this cause he's a popular player, but does anyone actually think he's been consistent and good enough for us in the PL to not require quality competition? 

So find Cabbage then and say McGinn is your for 100 times what we paid for him, is this your plan??

8 hours ago, OxfordVillan said:

Given that I’m not the clubs chief financial officer, no, I can’t categorically be certain that Villa have money to spend in January. That’s why it’s a belief, not a fact. 🙄

What backs the belief then? I didn't say you were the CFO but there may have been some accounts released that you had read......

8 hours ago, KenjiOgiwara said:

A bit of a controvesial suggestion, but are people sure McGinn is the way forward? I'm not suggesting to sell him. I rate him a lot, but he goes missing so many matches I wonder if it's a good idea to look for a quality competition for him as well. 

I guess if we sign a quality DM we could potentially move Luiz into McGinn's role when needed. 

I know most people will choke on their coffee from this cause he's a popular player, but does anyone actually think he's been consistent and good enough for us in the PL to not require quality competition? 

I agree with you, McGinn is not a good enough defensive midfielder for us going forward.

In the system we are playing he would have to be further forward in Barkley's position if he were to start a game for me.

8 hours ago, KenjiOgiwara said:

I've been thinking this.  When he's good he's definitely good enough.  But there have been too many off games recently. 

4 hours ago, troon_villan said:

Abel Xavier retired years ago bud.

You sure that not Proffessor Xavier, they did kill him off in the last wolverine film, I think hes going to find it tough to move footballs with his mind. 🤣

Bremen blew it with Rashica then. Two big injuries for him and that £30m they wanted is up in dust. No one will touch him until the summer and he can prove his fitness. If they do, it'll be heavily discounted.

Be a player I'd love to see here.

14 minutes ago, Tomaszk said:

Bremen blew it with Rashica then. Two big injuries for him and that £30m they wanted is up in dust. No one will touch him until the summer and he can prove his fitness. If they do, it'll be heavily discounted.

From what I read they accepted our fee but he didn't want to come here and while he wanted to go to Leverkusen they didn't have the funds to sign him in the summer. 

Can't really blame Bremen for wanting money for their top player or for for him not wanting to go to a team who ended near the bottom of the PL last season.

36 minutes ago, Tomaszk said:

Deano be like:  So 5 mill plus multiple fitness/appearance related add ons then mate? And Milot, drop those wage demands by around 40 percent and we can save you. Well, We'll think about it I should say.

Edited by JAMAICAN-VILLAN

20 minutes ago, sne said:

From what I read they accepted our fee but he didn't want to come here and while he wanted to go to Leverkusen they didn't have the funds to sign him in the summer. 

Can't really blame Bremen for wanting money for their top player or for for him not wanting to go to a team who ended near the bottom of the PL last season.

I think it was more, Ideally wanting to stay in Germany, than simply not wanting to come to us.

Was always reported as his first choice to be fair.

Just now, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

I think it was more, Ideally wanting to stay in Germany, than simply not wanting to come to us.

Was always reported as his first choice to be fair.

Sure, same result thou as in him not wanting to come here. Not saying he had something against Villa as a club in particular.

Think most footballers would rather play in the Europa League or CL and fight at the top in the Bundesliga rather than fight for survival at the bottom of the PL (money aside)

• Like 1