Winter transfer window 2020/1

barry'sboots

13 hours ago, av1 said:

I'd like is to buy a couple of officials like other big clubs. It's the only way we'll progress. 

parks and recreation money GIF by HULU 

Well, the transfer window is open . . .. 

I wonder do they have agents or do we just go straight to PGMOL with a bag of cash? 

Just now, Sgl said:

parks and recreation money GIF by HULU 

Well, the transfer window is open . . .. 

I wonder do they have agents or do we just go straight to PGMOL with a bag of cash? 

I think they call it... "a donation to you're favourite charity"

3 minutes ago, jacketspuds said:

Palace have signed Mateta. Think we've missed a trick with that one. They've got Ayew, Benteke, Mateta and Batshuayi as options now.

Let's hope that Watkins and Traore can cover the striker position for the rest of the season.

Ayew, Benteke, and Batshuayi are all average. Mateta is totally unproven in this league. Not convinced.

• Like 2

13 hours ago, HalfTimePost said:

Matt Targett is - by a distance and including AEG and Trez - our most improved player. But the idea we are an injury away from Neil Taylor in another run at LB is why we must buy one. Or loan one. Or something.

Unless Kessler can play there in which case we blood him. But I think we should be buying one.

Amavi only has 6 months on his Marseille deal, Would be better competition for Targett 

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Villa Stu said:

No mate. First we must weigh up an offer

ok now im getting it.

but I'm still confused about one thing, once we 'break open our transfer chest' and 'smash our transfer record' , how do we know when we finally have an official ITSOTP? I mean, its not like we can trust villareport?

sorry back on topic, does isolation etc mean that even if we sign someone immediately they will probably not be available for our busy catch up sprint of games?

Some decent strikers already moving in this window. Wolves getting in Willian Jose on loan with option to buy who's a pretty decent La Liga striker so interested what we're going to end up with, probably similar sort of deal.

Wolves could've just kept faith with Silva just like we probably would've with Wesley if he hadn't got injured but sensible thing for them to do given their poor recent form.

6 hours ago, Mazrim said:

We could play Mings there and put Hause in the middle. I would prefer a more dedicated long term solution of course but its an option.

I've suggested this in the past but not many takers.

After all, Ming's came up as an LB.

He likes to bomb forward, is relatively quick and strong.

6 minutes ago, supermon said:

Martin Odegaard linked with loan to Arsenal, wish we could attract this calibre of players.

Dont see why not, would be a cracking loan. I saw he wanted a loan this window but see his heart is set on Real Sociedad for some reason. I am sure Lange could sweet talk him, I am sure they all speak Scandinavian from those parts dont they😉?

22 minutes ago, It's Your Round said:

If we can’t get a decent LB in this window then I’m all for playing Mings at LB and bringing Hause back in. Not permanently of course but it would be fine while Targett’s injured. 

Ahhh just have one defender, 6 midfielders and three forwards playing in an offside position after yesterday's game, we will be fine, most likely would win the league off of that bullcrap lol.

Edited by Dave-R

7 minutes ago, VillaAlex said:

Would anyone consider Lookman in the summer? Think there is still a real player there, he's been great for Fulham so far this season other than that penalty.

Yes, but I think there will be a lot of competition.