Winter transfer window 2020/1

barry'sboots

17 hours ago, Lord Willard said:

Benramha plays on the left where Jack plays. The thought of buying players doing well on the left and bringing them in to play on the right ala Rashica and Benramha doesn't sit right with me. I thinkthey were targets if Jack left. 

If you have three quality players for the two positions - no. 10 and LW - i.e. Rashica, Grealish (who could move inside) and Barkley/Olise - then you have options/injury cover/rotation that doesn't necessarily weaken the side.  You can't just go into a PL season with 11 players!  Equally, bringing in Brooks as well who can play RW or 10 and then you have loads of cover. 

• Like 2

On 17/01/2021 at 22:23, Lord Willard said:

Benramha plays on the left where Jack plays. The thought of buying players doing well on the left and bringing them in to play on the right ala Rashica and Benramha doesn't sit right with me. I thinkthey were targets if Jack left. 

They weren't.

Jack was never leaving.

• Like 4

36 minutes ago, Kiwivillan said:

Wesley back soon and Traore at CF 71 games 38 goals 11 assists

If that stat is accurate, surely he should be playing there now! That's averaging over a goal every two games...

• Like 1

5 hours ago, barry'sboots said:

If you have three quality players for the two positions - no. 10 and LW - i.e. Rashica, Grealish (who could move inside) and Barkley/Olise - then you have options/injury cover/rotation that doesn't necessarily weaken the side.  You can't just go into a PL season with 11 players!  Equally, bringing in Brooks as well who can play RW or 10 and then you have loads of cover. 

I think you need 5 players for the 10 and wide forwards, if you get 6 then you end up with too little playing time.