Winter transfer window 2020/1

barry'sboots

3 hours ago, barry'sboots said:

I think we could take 6 if one of the 6 is a youngster e.g. Ramsey.

My FM 6 would be Grealish, Rashica, Brooks, Traore, Barkley/Olise and Ramsey.  I can but dream!!  Make it happen Deano!

I didn't take Ramsey into account so I will agree on the numbers

Real Madrid's Norway midfielder Martin Odegaard, 22, has asked to leave the club

There has been a radical turn with regards to Martin Odegaard's situation at Real Madrid, with the Norwegian international having sensationally requested to leave the Spanish giants.

Having shone with Real Sociedad last season and being recalled early by Los Blancos, his lack of minutes under Zinedine Zidane has been a huge source of frustration for the player, and he isn't willing to put up with it any longer.

After Odegaard was ruled out of the Copa del Rey tie with Alcoyano, it appeared as though the writing was on the wall for the gifted playmaker.

Over the course of the entire 2020/21 season to this point, Odegaard has been on the pitch for a paltry total of 367 minutes, which has forced him to demand a new loan move.

https://www.marca.com/en/football/real-madrid/2021/01/19/6007169122601d4b238b45d0.html

Anyone?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, A'Villan said:

IF and its a big IF he is available to purchase we would be stupid not to have a go this is a player who for years is supposed to be a world star and just needs to play in a top league every week at a club he will be staying at for a few years.

Edit - Just looked up his stats he played 32 full games worth of minutes last year for Real Sociedad and got a mix of 16 goals and assists

The year before for Vitesse he played 37 and got a mix of 23 goals and assists.

He turned 22 last month....

Edited by paul514
Adding stats

34 minutes ago, paul514 said:

IF and its a big IF he is available to purchase we would be stupid not to have a go this is a player who for years is supposed to be a world star and just needs to play in a top league every week at a club he will be staying at for a few years.

Edit - Just looked up his stats he played 32 full games worth of minutes last year for Real Sociedad and got a mix of 16 goals and assists

I watched a lot of sociedad last season, spent some days in San Sebastián so had a bit of an affiliation to then! Boy odegaard is good! Won’t happen though, unless Lange can work his scandinavian magic 

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, BennettVilla said:

I watched a lot of sociedad last season, spent some days in San Sebastián so had a bit of an affiliation to then! Boy odegaard is good! Won’t happen though, unless Lange can work his scandinavian magic 

Seems unlikely, god knows what his value even is.

13 hours ago, VillaChris said:

Pretty surprised we weren't in for Mateta given we were seriously considering signing him 18 months back. On loan at Palace now for rest of this season and next season aswell so would've thought that sort of deal would've been good for us to get round FFP aswell.

Interested to see what we come up with next two weeks for striker.

Didnt he get a bad injury last season then think we moved onto Watkins 

7 hours ago, paul514 said:

Article said it will be a loan move 

We seem to be concentrating on midfielders.What happened to getting a striker in ?!

If Watkins gets injured we are right up the creek without a paddle ( we could even go down ) there is half a season to go yet,thats a lot of points we could get or drop.

• Haha 2

14 minutes ago, PussEKatt said:

We seem to be concentrating on midfielders.What happened to getting a striker in ?!

If Watkins gets injured we are right up the creek without a paddle ( we could even go down ) there is half a season to go yet,thats a lot of points we could get or drop.

i thought our stance was that if the right deal is there then we will try and make it, if we dont bring someone in then assume that the deal wasnt there

dont do what we did last year with suso and assume that we've done absolutely nothing, us not bringing a striker in doesnt mean that we didnt try, it means that we're not desperate, which we're not

• Like 1

Just now, villa4europe said:

i thought our stance was that if the right deal is there then we will try and make it, if we dont bring someone in then assume that the deal wasnt there

dont do what we did last year with suso and assume that we've done absolutely nothing, us not bringing a striker in doesnt mean that we didnt try, it means that we're not desperate, which we're not

I agree,our midfielders score more than their share of goals but I would be happier if we could bring in a striker.

38 minutes ago, PussEKatt said:

22 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

Indeed, also, if we are honest, we are in a position where we now have goals all over the pitch, so our "striker" doesn't even necessarily have to be a huge scorer, we can make do with people who do their pressing and hold up work up top for now.

It can wait till summer in my view.

Also gives us a few months to gauge if the ones currently on the books will come good. If not, then summer is the right time to start making big moves.

• Like 1

the other thing is do we leave it for as long as possible anticipating one of the yoof breaking through next year

we do need someone as back up now but this time next year we could be sat with ollie, wes, barry, davis and a.n.other and be overloaded, its a nicer problem to have but still a problem

anyone we sign now has an impact further down the line meaning that "the right deal" means a few different things

1 hour ago, PussEKatt said:

I reckon based on the data as well that they would consider Traore to be back up based on his numbers as a striker (I know there’s mixed opinions on here about whether he should be but that’s my thinking of it)