Winter transfer window 2020/1

barry'sboots

11 minutes ago, Sam-AVFC said:

I can't believe I have to say this, but we definitely aren't going down even if we do have to play Davis. I've watched every team play at least 5 times this year and I've never been more confident of anything.

So true. 
There is absolutely no way Burnley, Sheff Utd, Albion, Burnley, Brighton, Fulham or Newcastle are going to overtake us this season. Looking over our shoulders is just a symptom of last season's relegation scrap. 

We need to be looking above us now and who we can leapfrog. I honestly cannot believe West Ham are above us and I think we can finish higher than Arsenal/Everton this season. Optimistic, I know, but we need to now be ambitous and see how high we can finish to keep Grealish and to continue to attract quality players. The money is there, but you're only ever as attractive as your league position. 

We are 100% on the up.

UTV

• Like 2

Just now, Delphinho123 said:

So true. 
There is absolutely no way Burnley, Sheff Utd, Albion, Burnley, Brighton, Fulham or Newcastle are going to overtake us this season. Looking over our shoulders is just a symptom of last season's relegation scrap. 

We need to be looking above us now and who we can leapfrog. I honestly cannot believe West Ham are above us and I think we can finish higher than Arsenal/Everton this season. Optimistic, I know, but we need to now be ambitous and see how high we can finish to keep Grealish and to continue to attract quality players. The money is there, but you're only ever as attractive as your league position. 

We are 100% on the up.

UTV

The effing defeats against Leeds (3 clear cut should have scored chances), Southampton, ( had enough chances to win), Brighton and West Ham ( how did we lose????!) , Bleeding penalty that shouldn't have been IMO against Scumchester United. We should be near the top. Then there's the misfiring against Burnley too. 

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, Sulberto21 said:

The effing defeats against Leeds (3 clear cut should have scored chances), Southampton, ( had enough chances to win), Brighton and West Ham ( how did we lose????!) , Bleeding penalty that shouldn't have been IMO against Scumchester United. We should be near the top. Then there's the misfiring against Burnley too. 

I was saying to a mate yesterday, we've been so unlucky this season. I genuinely think if 2 or 3 more decisions had gone our way, we'd be in the top 4 now. 
I know most sets of fans will say the same thing but I can't remember feeling so hard done by after so many matches as I have done this season. 

Off the top of my head.
- Penalty against Brighton. Should never have been overtuned. Was not a 'clear and obvious' error. - 1pt
- Pogba tripping himself up. Ridiculous. 1pt
- West Ham. The match in general. Penalty Miss. Penalty decision at the end. 1pt (probably should have been 3)
- Burnley at home. How didn't we score, seriously? The most one sided match I've ever seen. 3pts. 

There's 6 pts just off the top of my head. We'd be sitting so pretty on that. 

As odd as it sounds, I actually want us to get battered one match but somehow nick all 3 points. Would just feel like Karma. 

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Delphinho123 said:

I was saying to a mate yesterday, we've been so unlucky this season. I genuinely think if 2 or 3 more decisions had gone our way, we'd be in the top 4 now. 
I know most sets of fans will say the same thing but I can't remember feeling so hard done by after so many matches as I have done this season. 

Off the top of my head.
- Penalty against Brighton. Should never have been overtuned. Was not a 'clear and obvious' error. - 1pt
- Pogba tripping himself up. Ridiculous. 1pt
- West Ham. The match in general. Penalty Miss. Penalty decision at the end. 1pt (probably should have been 3)
- Burnley at home. How didn't we score, seriously? The most one sided match I've ever seen. 3pts. 

There's 6 pts just off the top of my head. We'd be sitting so pretty on that. 

As odd as it sounds, I actually want us to get battered one match but somehow nick all 3 points. Would just feel like Karma. 

Not to be picky, but you mean 5pts.

You don't get 4 points for a win. 

OK I'm being picky :D 

Edited by Steero113
  • Like 1

I hope some people now get a glimpse of why quality in depth is key.

Especially those questioning the signing of Sanson.

Connor would have added nothing in a game like that tonight.

McGinn out of form today, but you can't change him or really offer another dynamic.

Then we drop from Targett to Taylor.

We are only a few injuries and suspensions away from almost fielding the same team as last season at times.

Edited by JAMAICAN-VILLAN
  • Like 3

4 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

McGinn out of form today, but you can't change him or really offer another dynamic.

We are only a few injuries and suspensions away from almost fielding the same team as last season at times.

Too right, if we could get some business done by the end of the window it would help us to make the most from our progress so far.

We look a strong and competitive team & fear no one (although how we can start getting some decisions going our way, I don’t know, bloody corrupt refs) so I would like us to try and push for the best possible finish in the league this season.

We need cover, options and competition most of all - it brings the best out of the players.

We definitely need a LB, Targett has been great but we suffer and lack a lot without him.

Edited by Jas10
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

You Are Right Eric Andre GIF by Adult Swim

• Like 2

I'd like us to buy a couple of officials like other big clubs. It's the only way we'll progress. 

Edited by av1

Matt Targett is - by a distance and including AEG and Trez - our most improved player. But the idea we are an injury away from Neil Taylor in another run at LB is why we must buy one. Or loan one. Or something.

Unless Kessler can play there in which case we blood him. But I think we should be buying one.

• Like 3

11 hours ago, HalfTimePost said:

Matt Targett is - by a distance and including AEG and Trez - our most improved player. But the idea we are an injury away from Neil Taylor in another run at LB is why we must buy one. Or loan one. Or something.

Unless Kessler can play there in which case we blood him. But I think we should be buying one.

I came on to post this.

The drop off when Taylor came on was noticeable. 

Simply cant go into this extended, concentrated half season in this situation.