Winter transfer window 2020/1

barry'sboots

23 minutes ago, Delphinho123 said:

Yes, but I think there will be a lot of competition. 

Think we'd be in a good position if we like him as a player. Pretty much all the top clubs are stacked with wide players for a front 3. Let's say someone says Spurs would want him...they currently have Bale, Lucas Moura, Bergwijn and Lamela all competiting for one position. Don't need to say anything about Chelsea and Everton already had him and didn't play him much.

Even West Ham currently in their squad have likes of Bowen, Fornals and Benrahama and I'm gueesing they'll sign him full time from Brentford. Guess Leicester could be a shout.

I reckon we might move on one of Trez or El Ghazi in the summer as both will be at their highest values here and think they'll also have two years left on their deal so right time to sell to balance the books a bit.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, VillaChris said:

Think we'd be in a good position if we like him as a player. Pretty much all the top clubs are stacked with wide players for a front 3. Let's say someone says Spurs would want him...they currently have Bale, Lucas Moura, Bergwijn and Lamela all competiting for one position. Don't need to say anything about Chelsea and Everton already had him and didn't play him much.

Even West Ham currently in their squad have likes of Bowen, Fornals and Benrahama and I'm gueesing they'll sign him full time from Brentford. Guess Leicester could be a shout.

I reckon we might move on one of Trez or El Ghazi in the summer as both will be at their highest values here and think they'll also have two years left on their deal so right time to sell to balance the books a bit.

You make some very good points. I also think joining Villa is a fantastic move for a young English player. The spine of our team is British and it’s a great place to come and showcase your talents. 

Id really like Lookman. 

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, VillaAlex said:

Would anyone consider Lookman in the summer? Think there is still a real player there, he's been great for Fulham so far this season other than that penalty.

Look man that would be a great signing.

8 hours ago, Swerbs said:

Hause did pretty well at LB for us too.

No he didn't...  Everyone just thought he was great because he wasn't the 1st team's scapegoat at that time, Neil Taylor.  He was bang average in the Championship at LB.

• Like 2

12 hours ago, KMitch said:

No he didn't...  Everyone just thought he was great because he wasn't the 1st team's scapegoat at that time, Neil Taylor.  He was bang average in the Championship at LB.

I wouldn't call Taylor a scapegoat, I'd say he was just not very good 

• Like 1

Anybody suggested Alex Teixeira yet? Might be pie in the sky, football manager kind of signing but I actually think he'd fit our team and style of play well. Fitting our wage structure would be the problem but we've never had a better change of signing someone like him with Dougie and Wes at the club. 

I'd also consider Sokratis, another released player, wages again a stumbling block but would be good to have a solid, experienced player to challenge for a starting spot rather than relying on Hause having a good game or Engels turning faster than a freight train 

6 minutes ago, skarroki said:

Anybody suggested Alex Teixeira yet? Might be pie in the sky, football manager kind of signing but I actually think he'd fit our team and style of play well. Fitting our wage structure would be the problem but we've never had a better change of signing someone like him with Dougie and Wes at the club. 

I'd also consider Sokratis, another released player, wages again a stumbling block but would be good to have a solid, experienced player to challenge for a starting spot rather than relying on Hause having a good game or Engels turning faster than a freight train 

Would be a good shout. Better than Engels IMO. Arsenal were just a shitshow so he was exposed time and time again. He would be better in our system I think.

Edited by sparrow1988

49 minutes ago, skarroki said:

Wijndal from AZ is who we should have a crack at when we have the cash available.

Rashica deal happening soon apparently...but to who... Could it be..

https://www.birminghammail.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/milot-rashica-aston-villa-transfer-19685253

Milot Rashica transfer expected 'in the next few days' amid Aston Villa claims

Milot Rashica's long-running transfer saga could finally be coming to an end after months of speculation amid interest from Aston Villa and other clubs

40 minutes ago, Loxstock92 said:

Won’t be us, will be Leipzig I reckon.

It won’t be them as they’ve just brought Dominik Szoboszlai and also have Frosberg & Kluivert.

Could be different financials involved which may bring us back to it or we’ve permanently moved on... 

9 minutes ago, thabucks said:

It won’t be them as they’ve just brought Dominik Szoboszlai and also have Frosberg & Kluivert.

Could be different financials involved which may bring us back to it or we’ve permanently moved on... 

ahhh I see. Still don’t see it being us. Dortmund maybe? Leverkusen apparently aren’t interested. Guess we’ll see.