Winter transfer window 2020/1

barry'sboots

Hopefully Jack and Mings are taking the international break as a way to Tap up some of those players currently at the falling star clubs to join the upcoming Aston Villa. 

Be nice if we could put that boot on the other foot wouldn't it! 

Edited by sidcow

4 minutes ago, The Fun Factory said:

I can't cope with the Rashica thread re-opening. That was done to death.

Meh.  He's small time, now.  We'll be after players of a "higher caliber" this time around, now that we're chasing European places.  🤣

5 minutes ago, The Fun Factory said:

I can't cope with the Rashica thread re-opening. That was done to death.

Apparently his move to Leverkusen is not quite a done deal yet so brace yourself. Fwiw he's hardly played yet this season after his injury, only 3 appearances and less than 120 minutes.

3 minutes ago, sne said:

Apparently his move to Leverkusen is not quite a done deal yet so brace yourself. Fwiw he's hardly played yet this season after his injury, only 3 appearances and less than 120 minutes.

So we are monitoring his recovery before making a cheeky bid i like it!

• Haha 1

I was taken the other night, by Jason Denayer....I thought defensively he had a marvellous game......every time we had a chance, he read the situation perfectly and got his foot in, really impressed with him.

Playing for Lyon, 25 years old.....I would not say no to him coming to us.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, TRO said:

I was taken the other night, by Jason Denayer....I thought defensively he had a marvellous game......every time we had a chance, he read the situation perfectly and got his foot in, really impressed with him.

Playing for Lyon, 25 years old.....I would not say no to him coming to us.

Defensive player? Jason The Denier....I'm sure there's a rather good song in there somewhere.

• Like 1

We really need a CB if we can get one in, for cover. We won’t go 38 games with Ezri and Mings. If we can get a CB and a forward thinking player too I’d be happy.

I expect no incomings, mind. 

• Like 1

21 hours ago, TRO said:

Darwin Nunez...Benifica.....young up and coming star.....get in there Villa.

Brighton were very close to getting him in summer for about 19m and given how they've played that was a big miss.

He's already scoring for Uruguay and for Benfica in europa league so think you're talking about 60m to major league in a year or two so will be tough.

I'd still love us to go for Maxi Gomez given Valencia's financial issues. Would probably get him for what they paid 18 months ago in the summer we were linked which was around 30m.

• Like 1

Really hoping there is something in those Mohamed Simakan rumors, we are pitifully weak at CB when it comes to squad dept. Engels is never fit and Hause is not PL standard.

Seen Milan linked as well but they are also looking at Anel Ahmedhodzic from Malmö FF and I doubt they'll go for both.

10 minutes ago, sne said:

Really hoping there is something in those Mohamed Simakan rumors, we are pitifully weak at CB when it comes to squad dept. Engels is never fit and Hause is not PL standard.

Seen Milan linked as well but they are also looking at Anel Ahmedhodzic from Malmö FF and I doubt they'll go for both.

The club will know this. I reckon centre half cover will be the priority for January. 

I wonder if as a worst case scenario Cash could play there. He does read the game very well.