Winter transfer window 2020/1

barry'sboots

We need 5 more players be it in January, the summer or a mix of both.

A wide forward

2 central midfielders who’s main attributes are defensive.

A centre back

A left back

its worth stating, Elmo, Taylor, Lansbury and Conor are going to be out the door in the summer due to contracts unless I am wrong on one of them?

You can also ship out El Ghazi if we get another wide forward in

Some of the current 11 would then be back ups and you would have a bench of quality.

I doubt the money is available for that in January, we may see one player.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, ozvilla28 said:

For me we didn't sign enough players fullstop lacking quality and depth is a issue.Needed another CB , another attacking midfielder, and Lb.

You can only spend what we have and we did alright this summer.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Delphinho123 said:

We need a big strong defensive midfielder. When the onus is on us to break teams down at home, the opposition walk through us. 

Berge from Sheff Utd? Only quality player they have and fits the description or does he play further forward?  Failing that Lundstrum cheaper and again not sure he plays that position forgive me!

• Like 1

7 hours ago, ozvilla28 said:

For me we didn't sign enough players fullstop lacking quality and depth is a issue.Needed another CB , another attacking midfielder, and Lb.

Unfortunately because of the corruption in the Premier League and the fact that FFP is there to protect the sky 6 we couldn't get everyone in.

No doubt when Newcastle's takeover happens there's going to be a way around it (for them).

14 hours ago, Spoony said:

We really need a CB not to just challenge but replace Mings. I just don’t think he’s good enough if we want to kick on. I’d keep Mings as an option but I’d want to see him desperately fighting for his place. He’s too much of a liability and just gets away with murder as there’s no one competing with him. 

I think Bournemouth thought the same. 

• Like 2

Just seen Mateta score hat trick for Mainz today away to Freiburg so looks like he's over his bad injury now.

Could be one we go back in for in January given the rumours in summer 2019 we wanted him on last day of that window.

Something like Mateta, Will Hughes, Rashica ( I know I know) and a decent CB from somewhere over next two windows is what we need to establish ourselves as top half club I think. And keep all the key players we have now which will be no easy task e.g. getting Barkley on permanent and keeping Luiz.

Edited by VillaChris
  • Like 1

If we had someone like the Kosovan lad to come on yesterday I feel we win that game.

Left back depth also obviously needed.

When Watkins isnt on it who can we fall back on?

Will Wesley be ready before next season?

LW/AM - ( Even better if can cover LWB ) for January.

Only thing I could see happenin in January if any at all.

We 100 percent need cover for Jack as well via above.

• Like 1

We can score goals, we score in nearly every game.

what we are short of is players with a natural nose for defending and no sign of any youth players who can do this, to come through like Barry, Ugo or Cahill.

We need at least one DM with an ability to read the game and snuff out danger, who can help us control the game.

We have a distinct lack of players in the squad, with capable defensive qualities at this level.

I hope we go some way to addressing this in January.

Edited by TRO
  • Like 2

4 hours ago, TRO said:

We can score goals, we score in nearly every game.

what we are short of is players with a natural nose for defending and no sign of any youth players who can do this, to come through like Barry, Ugo or Cahill.

We need at least one DM with an ability to read the game and snuff out danger, who can help us control the game.

We have a distinct lack of players in the squad, with capable defensive qualities at this level.

I hope we go some way to addressing this in January.

sangare who went to PSV on the cheap in the summer window would have been a smart pick up

8 or 9 million euros I think he went for, stupid cheap.

Edited by paul514

What seems evident after the Leeds and Brighton games, maybe we should look for some good quality non internationals, so we can counter the post international break hangover?

• Like 1

7 hours ago, paul514 said:

sangare who went to PSV on the cheap in the summer window would have been a smart pick up

8 or 9 million euros I think he went for, stupid cheap.

I have a worry Paul that we as a collective force only have eyes for offensive players.

I get the notion, it takes time to build a squad, but I don't get the feeling enough acknowledgement is there, for us to defend better or more consistently..... we would have 10 Jack Grealishs, if it was left to some.

3 hours ago, AJ said:

What seems evident after the Leeds and Brighton games, maybe we should look for some good quality non internationals, so we can counter the post international break hangover?

The irony being that if they turn out to be decent......

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, TRO said:

I have a worry Paul that we as a collective force only have eyes for offensive players.

I get the notion, it takes time to build a squad, but I don't get the feeling enough acknowledgement is there, for us to defend better or more consistently..... we would have 10 Jack Grealishs, if it was left to some.

We have signed 2 goalkeepers, 7 defenders and 2 defensive midfielders in the last 3 transfer windows 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, TRO said:

This is the exact kind of thing you jump on other people for. No one has said they want 10 jack Grealishs. Most have said they appreciate the importance of hard work and defending right. So, why this comment?

How would you react if I said 'we would have 10 Roy keanes if it was left to some'? It's not fair on other people who have differing views to criticise their opinion in this backhanded, sly way.

On 22/11/2020 at 08:11, S-Platt said:

Berge from Sheff Utd? Only quality player they have and fits the description or does he play further forward?  Failing that Lundstrum cheaper and again not sure he plays that position forgive me!

I like him, surely Johan Lange must know a few vikings who can play a bit too.

18 hours ago, TRO said:

I can believe that of many fans they seem to want all the strikers, it was driving me nuts in the summer window.

I don’t think the club is thinking that way though, next time money is available I expect and left back, centre back and central midfielder for sure.

• Like 1