Winter transfer window 2020/1

barry'sboots

15 hours ago, Mjvilla said:

This is the exact kind of thing you jump on other people for. No one has said they want 10 jack Grealishs. Most have said they appreciate the importance of hard work and defending right. So, why this comment?

How would you react if I said 'we would have 10 Roy keanes if it was left to some'? It's not fair on other people who have differing views to criticise their opinion in this backhanded, sly way.

Oh come on you must have seen the same calls I did in the summer it was a never ending precession of strikers we needed.. You are being way too harsh on him.

• Thanks 1

15 hours ago, Zatman said:

We have signed 2 goalkeepers, 7 defenders and 2 defensive midfielders in the last 3 transfer windows 

Depends if the comment is aimed at the fan or the club or both... The clubs also signed 7 forwards....

But they have all been needed

45 minutes ago, paul514 said:

Oh come on you must have seen the same calls I did in the summer it was a never ending precession of strikers we needed.. You are being way too harsh on him.

Really? We were linked to many strikers, not all were wanted and there certainly wasn't calls to sign them all. That's just hyperbole. You can't blame the medias links on the club or fans?

The only time there were calls to sign an extra one, I guess, would be rashica. To add strength to the attack line. I'd still argue to high heaven we need that now. I would also agree that depth is needed in the back line to faze out hause and Taylor for starters. But, we are a work in progress clearly. 

It's not really any of this that is the issue, it's the comment about wanting 10 Grealishs when if anyone makes a similar comment toward the other way. It's jumped on. 

10 hours ago, paul514 said:

I noticed he didn't mention any of OUR defenders and resorted to "Roy Keane" for folk to understand his point.

Paul, he is right about opinions, but he soon picks me up, when he drives his point home.

I am particularly perturbed in the shortage of players in our team with natural defensive tendencies.....players who feel comfortable in disrupting and shutting out opponents.

I don't rate Nakamba at all, another ball watcher for me.

Edited by TRO

13 hours ago, TRO said:

I noticed he didn't mention any of OUR defenders and resorted to "Roy Keane" for folk to understand his point.

Paul, he is right about opinions, but he soon picks me up, when he drives his point home.

I am particularly perturbed in the shortage of players in our team with natural defensive tendencies.....players who feel comfortable in disrupting and shutting out opponents.

I don't rate Nakamba at all, another ball watcher for me.

He’s not that bad in my opinion, not up to standard but he could be useful.

My prediction of LB CB And DCM is based on numbers and need. DCM is the one that would add to the first team taking McGinns place in the team.

It isn’t a slight on him, he is a box to box midfielder who could play ACM where Barclay is currently.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Follyfoot said:

Aston Villa remain keen on signing forward – Club ‘doing everything possible’ to secure sale

http://sportwitness.co.uk/aston-villa-milot-rashica-werder-bremen-transfer-january/

😂 I have seen a couple of dubious links over the last couple of days now. I would be shocked if we are back in for him, especially as it looked like he was signing for Bayer Leverkusen on deadline day. He would have moved there but ran out of time to get the deal done.

I think we moved on from Rashica when we signed Bertrand Traore. Unless we shift El Ghazi or send Davis on loan then I don't see us bringing in any further strikers into our squad.

There must be posters on here more atuned to whats happening in the Bundesliga.

seems like his form has deserted him, from what I here, or has his injury, curtailed it.

we need to be careful.

ps but another offensive player, how many do we want?

Edited by TRO

3 hours ago, TRO said:

seems like his form has deserted him, from what I here, or has his injury, curtailed it.

we need to be careful.

We do still need another but there is clearly three priority needs before it.

• Like 1

Should have a look at that Atalanta keeper tonight looked quite tidy....... oh no wait a min we had him years ago , load of s..t not good enough for the prem, let’s buy / loan numerous other keepers before we’re happy. Should we have been more smart here ?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

17 hours ago, TRO said:

we need to be careful.

All of them because if we have them all then no other team has a chance to do any attacking😉

I'm not saying we play them all just that we don't allow the other teams to have any. Solid plan IMO.

• Haha 1

19 hours ago, GingerCollins29 said:

Who out of interest is realistic?

We should have got Sangare before he went to PSV for 8 million Euros a couple of months ago..... We could try a bid for some extra millions and get him.

20 hours ago, Delphinho123 said:

That’s the hard part. 

This is where the scouts earn their money. 

The next Kante will do. 

sure Kante is only a midget, people want a dominating 6 foot 5 centre midfielder 😉

I dont think Smith has ever played with one in his style of play

• Like 1

On 25/11/2020 at 17:51, TRO said:

we need to be careful.

He has only played 90 minutes once in the league since his injury