Winter transfer window 2020/1

barry'sboots

The PL teams have left it too late now.  Unless our form falls off a cliff and Dean gets sacked then I can't really see Jack demanding a move anywhere.  If Barca or Real come calling it might be hard for him to turn down but as said before, Barca don't have the money.  Maybe if Real go all in and sign Mbappe and try to add new Galacticos to their young up and coming players then Jack might be an option for them.

Priorities should be to get Barkley to sign a permanent deal and to get rid of the buy back clause for Luiz.

Then we need a third central defender and a left back option.

If we manage that I think we have an upper mid table squad this season and next. 

4 hours ago, OxfordVillan said:

We’ve an impending problem with Douglas Luiz and Manchester City. Ever since post lockdown football I’ve had no doubt that City will come back for him by activating the buy-back option, and I’m certain that’ll be the case in January. I don’t know exactly how the option works, but I assume it has to be dependent upon whether the player actually wants to return? I can’t imagine any player being forced into a move he doesn’t want? And that would have to be our only hope of retaining Luiz, that he’s happy where he is and can see there’s good times ahead. 

If memory serves I think it is only activated in the summer window!

We will lose Luiz in the summer. Of that I have no doubt. £25 million for a player of his quality is a no brainer and City know it. Worst case, they can sell him for twice that amount the following summer if he doesn't adapt to their style. 

As for January, we desperately need competition at left back and I still think we need another quality winger.

A back up CB is also needed as our options after Konsa and Mings are shockingly bad.

17 minutes ago, One For The Road said:

We will lose Luiz in the summer. Of that I have no doubt. £25 million for a player of his quality is a no brainer and City know it. Worst case, they can sell him for twice that amount the following summer if he doesn't adapt to their style. 

As for January, we desperately need competition at left back and I still think we need another quality winger.

A back up CB is also needed as our options after Konsa and Mings are shockingly bad.

Think it's £35m now but that's still great value for them.

Just now, One For The Road said:

I've heard everything from £25m to £35m now lol.

But either way, as you say, its still a bargain and one they won't pass on sadly.

As I remember it it was £25m this summer and then went up by £10m to £35m after that window closed. But I doubt anyone outside the club actually knows the exact details.

7 minutes ago, sne said:

As I remember it it was £25m this summer and then went up by £10m to £35m after that window closed. But I doubt anyone outside the club actually knows the exact details.

Wasn't it 3 sums over 3 years that was initially reported? i.e. first year 25, second 35 and third year 45? Or something like that?

• Like 1

Just now, KenjiOgiwara said:

Wasn't it 3 sums over 3 years that was initially reported? i.e. first year 25, second 35 and third year 45? Or something like that?

Yup, think so. 

But no idea if that's actually correct.

19 hours ago, mikeyp102 said:

Anyone seen or know much of Jonathan Panzo. England u21 cb or lb playing out in France. Seems highly rated

heard he is pretty highly rated as well, and know that he was a very good signing on fm. Though it seems he moved to Dijon from Monaco this summer. 

14 hours ago, KenjiOgiwara said:

What is source for this? All I've seen is some journos spit balling when we signed with caveat that they don't know and telephone game posts on here. What we do know is City have done this in past, 1 player I recall was sold for 7.5m and bought back for 8.5m or thereabouts by agreed arrangement 

6 minutes ago, Delphinho123 said:

Now is the time to strengthen. If we’re in the top 6 at Xmas, go and spend 80m. It’s a lot easier to do it when you’re 5th than when you’re 15th. 

Players will want to come here. If the money is there, spend it. 

I certainly don’t mind being called “Doing a Man City”

1 hour ago, Kiwivillan said:

What is source for this? All I've seen is some journos spit balling when we signed with caveat that they don't know and telephone game posts on here. What we do know is City have done this in past, 1 player I recall was sold for 7.5m and bought back for 8.5m or thereabouts by agreed arrangement 

Actually don't know. Just remember that was the talk on both here and bluemoon when we bought him. 

Will still need to strengthen and he bench is weak.

Villa have to spend in January to continue our position, I just hope we are still in the top 8 during the next window and not too far off the top places.

The way Grealish is playing anything should be possible.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Kiwivillan said:

Angelino was sold for 5.35 and bought back for 10.7. Basically double after 1 season.

• Thanks 1