Ratings & Reactions: Villa v Leeds

limpid

Match Polls  

169 members have voted

1. 1. Who was your Man of the Match?

2. 2. Manager's Performance

3. 3. Refereeing Performance

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 28/10/20 at 23:59

Credit to Leeds, they were outstanding.  Could have been a different game if one of Grealish's chances went in.  Thought we were very naïve and not prepared to counter Leeds' tactics. 

Maybe the reality check we needed. Now let's focus on bettering last years standing.

The talk of Jack holding onto the ball too much is gonna come to light again. He had that greedy shot when Watkins was free then they went up the other end and scored. Darnit Jack that's why Gareth won't pick you, you gotta know when to  hold and when but do it at the right time

Wasnt at our best, but fair play to them (as much as I hate saying it) there game plan worked - we just need to cut out the moaning/feeling hard down by approach if it doesn’t go our way and keep in the fight.

jack or Konsa score and it’s a different outcome.

Barkley doesn’t look totally fit to me, we need all 3 to tick in the middle

Better say something positive about that 3-0 home drubbing, or be labelled a Worse Fan™️.

There will be highs and lows this season. This is a low. But it is a significant one for me, because Leeds clearly wanted it more and worked a lot harder than us. It'll be interesting to see how we pick ourselves up against Southampton, Smith needs a reaction.

Hard work please. That's the minimum requirement at this level.

1 minute ago, OutByEaster? said:

I don't think Davis, Hourhane and Nakamba were the answer to tonight's questions.

Depth is going to be our biggest problem this season though.

That's the issue. The central midfield when it lacks energy and dynamism we are a different side and tonight those gaps were exploited to the max.

We lost the mind games. Bamford wound Mings up a treat.

• Like 1

It is disappointing, but i'll take 4 wins out of 5 and be second in the league. Haven't we still got the best defence?! 

We were never going to win the league so this season is about improving on last season and growing as a team. 

Just rather we hadn't lost to Leeds but credit to them, they deserved it and Bamford took his goals well

• Like 1

Bad day at the office for more than a few of our players tonight

Leeds relentless style is a bad match for our more controlled approach especially as things just weren’t coming off for us - a similar performance against a different type of side would not have been exposed in the same way

We’ve now got a decent first XI but not much depth and little change that can alter the game

Perversely, I’d prefer a bad loss like this to a narrow one - I hope for a real reaction next time out

Im keeping in mind that 12th is my target for the year and so the excitement of the early weeks was always going to be a short-lived affair. We’re going to have plenty more half arsed performances like this

They had their tails up at the end but we could easily have been a couple up by then - saying that they deserved the win

I thought Bamford should have gone for his stamp on Mings - VAR is crap

• Like 2

1 minute ago, chappy said:

We were awful between their first goal and their third. Aside from that it wasn’t a bad performance

I see a few saying this and I could not disagree more. 

We didn't create a whole lot.

Struggled wide.

Struggled between defence and midfield.

Some poor defending. 

Had some poor finishing.

It was a straight up poor performance. Hugely disappointing. 

They were the better team on the night - they moved the ball quicker, midfielders smarter better runs, and were more compact at the back.

We seemed to lose the midfield battle in the second half, and there was always a lot more space in our box than theirs.

Accept it, learn from it, move on.

• Like 1

We were poor but losses and even hard to swallow losses are inevitable. I care more about how we rebound. My main take away from today really told us we need to not let a goal smash us in the face and demoralize us like that. I still think if we had scored first it would've been a completely different game but Bamfords first goal just destroyed our confidence and we didn't fight back. Gotta keep fighting!

Edit to add: That was absolutely simulation from Bamford and it was criminal not to get carded for that.

Edited by Aston_Villan4

Â