Ratings & Reactions: Villa v Leeds

limpid

Match Polls  

169 members have voted

1. 1. Who was your Man of the Match?

2. 2. Manager's Performance

3. 3. Refereeing Performance

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 28/10/20 at 23:59

Bit of a read on the tactics

The exciting Friday night fixture between Aston Villa and Leeds United set the tempo for matchday six in the Premier League. Patrick Bamford’s formidable hat-trick was the difference between two sides that have massively impressed so far this season.

The outcome of the match was determined by a combination of the respective teams’ systems, as well as individual performances. Villa’s pressing in the first half was specifically aimed at nullifying Leeds’ systemic build-up play. Leeds fascinatingly responded to this by altering the length of their passes in the second half, ultimately overwhelming their opponents.

The overarching tactics were in tandem with individual moments, such as Marcelo Bielsa’s decision to substitute Pascal Struijik in the 20th minute. We provide a tactical analysis of an open 90 minutes played at a fairly high tempo. Our analysis particularly focuses on central control in various areas of the pitch...

https://eplanalysis.com/premier-league-2020-2021-aston-villa-vs-leeds-united-tactical-analysis-tactics

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

On 26/10/2020 at 07:36, sne said:

What a sophisticated analysis.

but in my book it relates to what exactly?.....The reports conclusion is equally as convoluted as the tactical anaysis, which I found extravagant, in the least.

In the conclusion it claims that "Villa were succeeding in their pre planned approach until they conceded".....I thought the goal was coming from Leeds as a direct result of their tenacious running and pressing, they won the duels and applied the pressure...in my humble opinion, I could see it coming.....it then goes on to conclude "that our defence was unable to adapt to the positional changes made by the opposition" apart from taking off stujik for Shackleton to avoid a red card, I am not sure what they mean, I didn't see any tactical changes by Leeds, they didn't have to IMO.....They go on to say "Leeds on the other hand simply overwhelmed Villa time after time.....now I have to confess, I saw that, but not necessarily for the reasons they give.

They finally say " Villa would deem themselves favourites in their next game against Southampton"......so on the back of that, that is their final line.

I would call that simply " Bullshit baffles Brains".....it will be interesting to see if the bookmakers agree....

Me, I just hope we beat Southampton, but I gain small confidence off the back of the Leeds game and hope we can revert back to the previous 4 performances and results.

Ps personally, I found the comments from the posters more helpful.

Edited by TRO

Â