Ratings & Reactions: Villa v Leeds

limpid

Match Polls  

169 members have voted

1. 1. Who was your Man of the Match?

2. 2. Manager's Performance

3. 3. Refereeing Performance

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 28/10/20 at 23:59

Reality check tonight, we had a few chances but Leeds were better than us all over the pitch. I have never rated Bamford but his finishing was exceptional tonight.
Leeds work hard and with plenty of skill, I think we were lucky to only lose by three tonight.

7 minutes ago, The Fun Factory said:

Does anyone really care about what Gabby says? Most Villa fans don't and I doubt anybody else would either.

He did the team talk for them. You think they were not out to prove a point tonight? If anything the team gabby described was us tonight

We were  a horror show 

Just now, Eligius said:

Reality check tonight, we had a few chances but Leeds were better than us all over the pitch. I have never rated Bamford but his finishing was exceptional tonight.
Leeds work hard and with plenty of skill, I think we were lucky to only lose by three tonight.

pretty sure that was his first hat trick in a Leeds shirt too. just typical :D

1 minute ago, MessiWillSignForVilla said:

We played badly and the team certainly deserve flak, but Gabby wrote their **** teamtalk for them with a needless dig at them, he should just keep his mouth shut in future as we aren't in a position to give our opponents any extra motivation.

Well, Bamford wrote our team talk 2 years ago and the media spunkfest added a nice appendix to it.

• Like 1

Just now, Demitri_C said:

He did the team talk for them. You think they were not out to prove a point tonight? If anything the team gabby described was us tonight

We were  a horror show 

You just need to look at any Leeds fans comments about the result, most I've seen mention Gabby, it clearly bothered them, and that feeling was likely shared by their players.

• Like 1

Martinez fine. Cash decent enough with recoveries but ultimately got terrorised my manbun. Targett was shite - ruined every attack he was involved in. Mings poor decision making again. Konsa fine. Dougie fine. Mcginn decent in patches but knackered in others. Barkley crocked and very average. Trezeguet ran but no end product. Jack did decent things but tried to do it all on some occasions. Ollie anonymous and should have scored at the death. Dean outclassed tactically and did nothing to change it. Reality check. Bamfords a word removed. Bielsa took a dump at villa park. Manbun uniyed are still a small club. Onto soton. UTFV

• Like 1

I suspect Leeds will do that to quite a few teams this year. A shame we had to be one of them, but it’s not mortifying and I’m not surprised our players ran out of steam. The fatigue and injuries to key players have to happen eventually.

I’ll start being concerned if we have a bad run over the next four games (Southampton, Brighton, West Ham, Newcastle). I wasn’t expecting guaranteed 3 pointers from Leeds.

Edited by His Name Is Death

Just now, His Name Is Death said:

I suspect Leeds will do that to quite a few teams this year. A shame we had to be one of them, but it’s not mortifying and I’m not surprised our players ran out of steam. The fatigue (and injuries to key players) have to happen eventually.

I’ll start being concerned if we have a bad run over the next four games (Southampton, Brighton, West Ham, Newcastle).

No one:

Leeds: fatigue?

Well that could have been a lot worse, they missed a couple of good chances in the first half. Really don't like Bamford, claiming a penalty from a player who was kneeling down facing the other way. Then he scores a bloody hatrick. Hate him.

Nothing else matters really, not a good performance overall, probably just a small blip.

To finish on a positive, Cash looks like a quality defender

2 minutes ago, MessiWillSignForVilla said:

You just need to look at any Leeds fans comments about the result, most I've seen mention Gabby, it clearly bothered them, and that feeling was likely shared by their players.

100%. Look if a exeeds player said we were wernt all that their would uproar here and rightly so.

Gabby made himself look like a absolute dick. Why choose a few days before our game to come out with these stupod comments?

Â