Ratings & Reactions: Villa v Leeds

limpid

Match Polls  

169 members have voted

1. 1. Who was your Man of the Match?

2. 2. Manager's Performance

3. 3. Refereeing Performance

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 28/10/20 at 23:59

4 out of 5. Despite how shit this felt, who would have believed that 6 weeks ago?

**** shit performance though, almost without exception and the fitness of our players is a real concern.

Bamford has grown as a player in the last 18 months, but he's still a massive word removed.

Edited by Davkaus
  • Like 1

If that chance isn’t cleared off the line it’s a different game, we need to remember that before laying into the players really.

Nobody had a decent game for us tonight the midfield just didn’t get going at all and this game was always going to be decided there, fair play to Leeds they look a very decent team.

Edited by AVFCDAN

Let the over reaction commence. Well done Leeds they were much better than us on the night and deserved the win. Hopefully Smith can learn something from the game because they exposed us down the flanks and we couldn't do any thing to stop it.  

Leeds will stay up this season, comfortably. 

• Like 2

You can’t really legislate for Bamford scoring one goal like that let alone two. All in all a pretty even game up to the opening goal. If we could have taken one of the chances we created then who knows what would have happened.

Once they scored we were always chasing the game and that played into Leeds’ hands perfectly. In the end it could have been worse than 3-0. Plenty of time to regroup before Southampton now.

I do think Leeds will prove to be a handful for most teams in the league. 

Embarrassing performance, Cash got done all game from Harrison as Trezeguet didn’t help him, Targett always walking back when we lose possession, nothing on the bench to turn to, to change the game 

The game changed when grealish didn’t just play a simple pass to Watkins for a tap in to make it 1-0 instead wanted to take everyone on and missed, as they went near enough straight up the other end to make it 1-0

Lets hope it’s a blip and get back to winning ways against Southampton 

• Like 3

Just played poorly and Leeds played well.

One of those games.  

Hopefully it wasn’t due to our playing getting a big head after 4 games, if so this is a lesson that we still have a long hard season as I’ve said before.  

Otherwise just put it down as ones of those days and get ready for the next game.

Still 12 points after 5 games which is outstanding

• Like 2

We defend so narrow. It’s clearly something we work on and do on purpose but not sure why. The fullbacks are so exposed time and time again. It’s worked so far this season but tonight they couldn’t cope. 

Gave Cash motm because he did his best to resist the constant onslaught. 

They were just far better than us. Not sure what to say really. Hope it’s a one off kinda result but jeez, that manager has them playing some nice stuff. 

ah well, we had a good run, that was the villa we all know and love that we have just watched there, fair play to Leeds, they outperformed us for a full 90 minutes.

I'm not gunna let them **** my night up, I'm just about to took into my chicken and lamb madras and watch texas chainsaw massacre 2.

Â