Pre-Match Thread

MaVilla

5 hours ago, Zhan_Zhuang said:

Ah bless, I see one of their posters mentioned something about his lack of running...I guess they must be twelve years of age perhaps?

And this talk of Kevin Phillips? I thought he retired years ago?

Have you been in the match thread yet, one suggest were going to get hammered something like 7-3, sound familiar that score line lol.

Other comments that we will be played off the park.

My favourite comment which is: Villa have played 4 and won 4, we will be putting an end to that one.

8 hours ago, Brumerican said:

5 years at Campion does give you superior trolling powers . Go on Gab !

Where's the lie? They're a well coached side, but lack quality. We're only 5 games in but Wolves have already sussed them out. Let them punch the air for a while then turn the screw.

They'll have the better of the poorer teams in the league. I can see them hammering Newcastle the example. But any team with a bit of quality and a clever manager shouldn't be too worried.

• Like 1

We showed against Leicester that we can match an organised hard working side in 90 minutes - but what a joy it was when we went for it in the last ten minutes, it really looked like we'd worn them down and had the extra 10% to win it. Do that again and we'll beat Leeds. HOWEVER - I just don't think we can win 5 on the trot. I think we'll be done by some controversial bad luck. 

2 hours ago, Jareth said:

We showed against Leicester that we can match an organised hard working side in 90 minutes - but what a joy it was when we went for it in the last ten minutes, it really looked like we'd worn them down and had the extra 10% to win it. Do that again and we'll beat Leeds. HOWEVER - I just don't think we can win 5 on the trot. I think we'll be done by some controversial bad luck. 

Yeah, I can’t help the pessimistic voice in me saying that we won’t win five on the bounce... that said I couldn’t see us beating Liverpool or Leicester so I’ve been very pleasantly surprised so far! A win would be huge, a draw good, a loss and we shrug our shoulders and move on.

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, alreadyexists said:

Yeah, I can’t help the pessimistic voice in me saying that we won’t win five on the bounce... that said I couldn’t see us beating Liverpool or Leicester so I’ve been very pleasantly surprised so far! A win would be huge, a draw good, a loss and we shrug our shoulders and move on.

5 on the bounce?

We're going for 38 on the bounce!

• Like 2

We took the best that Leicester could throw at us, soaked it up, started pushing them onto the back foot with 20mins to go, then knocked them out at the end. 

I repeat, Bielsa has one way of playing, one way only. There will be no surprises with how Leeds approach the game on Friday evening. Thus far I’d say Liverpool and Fulham have been caught surprised by our goal scoring prowess, and Leicester were surprised by our ability to withstand (with relative ease) their attack. Villa, thus far, seem able to mix up their performances to suit the opposition. Based on the season so far the only way Villa don’t win is if they become complacent and underestimate Leeds. It’ll have to be an off day for 2-3 Villa players. All our wins thus far have been deserved, there’s not been a single half of football where we’ve looked under the cosh and could lose the game. We haven’t fluked any of the games. I’m disappointed Kalvin Phillips is out of the game, I didn’t want Leeds having any excuses come Saturday morning. So the only surprise we might see is whoever replaces Phillips. If we match Leeds work rate we win, if we out work them we smash 3 or 4 past them and win at a canter. 
Why wouldn’t we go into this game confident and ready to win? We can play stress free and with the possibility of an historic 5th straight win in front of us. This group we currently have at the heart of the club seem to quite like being history makers. I back them to make a bit more history in the coming days.

• Like 4

6 hours ago, Keyblade said:

Where's the lie? They're a well coached side, but lack quality. We're only 5 games in but Wolves have already sussed them out. Let them punch the air for a while then turn the screw.

They'll have the better of the poorer teams in the league. I can see them hammering Newcastle the example. But any team with a bit of quality and a clever manager shouldn't be too worried.

Didn't say he was lying . I just chuckle that Gabby's new career is basically  throwing petrol around all day.

3 hours ago, Jareth said:

I'd say Leicester were really tough to beat, so far our best competition, I highly doubt Leeds will match Leicester's defensive capabilities or firepower, they certainly cant compete with our midfield.

I think we will have a clean sheet, and I think we will score off a corner, Konsa for that goal. Watkins will have two goals and Barkley or Grealish will grab a goal Taking the score to 4-0 to us.

• Like 2

Crazy thing is alot of people are using Rodrigo on Fifa 21 all because of his pace, is he really that fast in real life because he a git on Fifa21 to catch.

43 minutes ago, OxfordVillan said:

We took the best that Leicester could throw at us, soaked it up, started pushing them onto the back foot with 20mins to go, then knocked them out at the end. 

I repeat, Bielsa has one way of playing, one way only. There will be no surprises with how Leeds approach the game on Friday evening. Thus far I’d say Liverpool and Fulham have been caught surprised by our goal scoring prowess, and Leicester were surprised by our ability to withstand (with relative ease) their attack. Villa, thus far, seem able to mix up their performances to suit the opposition. Based on the season so far the only way Villa don’t win is if they become complacent and underestimate Leeds. It’ll have to be an off day for 2-3 Villa players. All our wins thus far have been deserved, there’s not been a single half of football where we’ve looked under the cosh and could lose the game. We haven’t fluked any of the games. I’m disappointed Kalvin Phillips is out of the game, I didn’t want Leeds having any excuses come Saturday morning. So the only surprise we might see is whoever replaces Phillips. If we match Leeds work rate we win, if we out work them we smash 3 or 4 past them and win at a canter. 
Why wouldn’t we go into this game confident and ready to win? We can play stress free and with the possibility of an historic 5th straight win in front of us. This group we currently have at the heart of the club seem to quite like being history makers. I back them to make a bit more history in the coming days.

Love the positivity 👍

💜💙

Trying to look at this objectively we should be confident. There is nothing wrong with that.

Won all our games deservedly, only conceded in on match and 3-4 players that are very much a goalscoring threat. While Leeds are coming of the back of a loss and have lost their main player, the one who makes them tick.

For me the weakest link in the Leeds attack is Harrison, poor end product and I think we need to guide them more down the left rather than their right side. Let them build there attacks up that side and we'll can damage them on the counter. That leaves Trezeguet doing more defensive work and with the work he's put in he'll do that easily. If we manage to do that then we can leave Jack higher up the pitch hopefully and we know he'll do damage there.