Pre-Match Thread

MaVilla

1 hour ago, Brumerican said:

Didn't say he was lying . I just chuckle that Gabby's new career is basically  throwing petrol around all day.

No I know. He's really good at it too. But for all his trolling, he's actually spot on there.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, bose said:

Trying to look at this objectively we should be confident. There is nothing wrong with that.

Won all our games deservedly, only conceded in on match and 3-4 players that are very much a goalscoring threat. While Leeds are coming of the back of a loss and have lost their main player, the one who makes them tick.

For me the weakest link in the Leeds attack is Harrison, poor end product and I think we need to guide them more down the left rather than their right side. Let them build there attacks up that side and we'll can damage them on the counter. That leaves Trezeguet doing more defensive work and with the work he's put in he'll do that easily. If we manage to do that then we can leave Jack higher up the pitch hopefully and we know he'll do damage there. 

I think you are being harsh on Harrison there to be honest, although his final ball wasn't great against Wolves on Monday night he still can be a danger. He has already produced decent moments this season with the goal at Anfield and the superb delivery for Bamford's winning goal at Sheffield United this season. He will need the equal amount of attention as Costa IMO. 

• Like 1

Its a game of football, so anything can happen!  But, objectively, as said above, we should win.

We are 4 out of 4 with only 2 goals conceded.  We have our first XI fully fit, as far as I am aware.  They are missing their two most influential players - Phillips and, I believe, the skipper, Cooper.

I think, at this level, Leeds will be toothless.  I was amazed when Bamford got of to a decent goal scoring start - he didn't even look like a decent goal scorer in the championship!  Equally, Rodrigo stats in La Liga, if I have seen them correctly, don't suggest that he is much of a goal scorer.  They are hard working/pressing and Bielsa will have them well drilled, but, like most newly promoted teams, lack quality throughout.  They could do a Sheffield as they have grown together as a team, are well coached and are cohesive but I don't think they will be threatening the upper echelons of the PL. 

9 minutes ago, It's Your Round said:

Who would fill in at CB, if that remains the case? 

Probably Ayling. Dallas at RB and Alioski left.

There's a small chance we see a youth player there but think that's unlikely.

12 minutes ago, PieFacE said:

I was feeling confident about this earlier in the week but now I can't help but feel we'll lose just due to law of averages. We surely can't win 5 on the bounce. 

get out gtfo GIF

Edited by Dave-R

48 minutes ago, WakefieldVillan said:

I think you are being harsh on Harrison there to be honest, although his final ball wasn't great against Wolves on Monday night he still can be a danger. He has already produced decent moments this season with the goal at Anfield and the superb delivery for Bamford's winning goal at Sheffield United this season. He will need the equal amount of attention as Costa IMO. 

Yeah maybe a bit harsh, I'll admit he was impressive vs Liverpool but in the other matches I've seen from Leeds I think he's a weak link.

12 minutes ago, Rino8 said:

Probably Ayling. Dallas at RB and Alioski left.

There's a small chance we see a youth player there but think that's unlikely.

So a back four of Dallas, Ayling, Koch, Alioski. Could be worse I suppose. Dallas normally plays LB but can play a number of positions, if I’m right. Whatever happened to Douglas? 

On 20/10/2020 at 11:22, OxfordVillan said:

I hate Leeds. I’d swap the 4 league wins this season to smash a hatful past them on Friday night. Fortunately that option isn’t available and won’t be needed, we’ll beat them anyway and move to 5wins from 5. If form is maintained we win by 2 or 3 goals, I’ll go for a 3-1 win after being 3-0 up. We know exactly how Leeds play, what they’ll do. They have no other way of playing. Match their early work rate and then beat them with our quality. 

I wouldn't no one game is any more important than another. 

For anyone that wants to watch Bielsa and his translator say a couple words a time which I found to be excruciatingly painful, here you go.

(The work of one man is the reason why they have returned to the club)-is what I heard being said after Bielsa had his little press conference lol. It's never down to one man, hes a main face to the work much like Smith is at Villa and it would be absolutely crackers to say Smith is the one person who took us up. It feels as though the media is trying to paint Bielsa like a footballing God, i dont think hes as good as what they are painting him and friday I hope we can show everyone how wrong they are about him.

I think Gabby got it spot on, Bielsa and Leeds will be good enough to beat the teams at bottom half of the prem who are not that organised but anything more and Leeds will be undone on the field.

Oh my god who's the painter in the video that just said they have gone from the dogland duck team to Barcelona because of Bielsa, needs to check himself into a padded cell he does 🤣🤣🤣🤣

Edited by Dave-R

7 minutes ago, It's Your Round said:

So a back four of Dallas, Ayling, Koch, Alioski. Could be worse I suppose. Dallas normally plays LB but can play a number of positions, if I’m right. Whatever happened to Douglas? 

Too slow pretty much. Great left foot but he suits slow possession football or teams that sit deeper. He wouldn't make the cut in the Prem purely down to the physical side.

I'm more worried about no Phillips than anything else.

I don't think there's any mind games being played by Bielsa for this and I would be shocked to see Cooper passed fit after being withdrawn at kick off Monday night.

I think they will line up as they usually do 4-1-4-1 with a starting eleven of Meslier / Dallas, Ayling, Koch, Allioski / Struijk / Costa, Klich, Rodrigo, Harrison / Bamford.

The only possible change I see from the above team is if Hernandez comes back in but I think we're more likely to see him after 60 minutes (depending on how the game is going). I'd rather him on the bench tbh, he may be 93 but he does still have a touch of class.

Their players individually (on paper) hardly scream out anything for us to fear, in fact I don't think I would swap a single one of our starting eleven for those names above. It's a case of "the whole is definitely greater than the sum of it's parts".

Hoping for a big game from Watkins - That is a makeshift back four and though they will possess a lot of verve and energy, it will be the first time (I would imagine) that they have played a competitive fixture together. Hoping he runs them ragged. And when he has finished. Unleash Davis to cause havoc (but not score 😛)

1 hour ago, WakefieldVillan said:

Their players individually (on paper) hardly scream out anything for us to fear, in fact I don't think I would swap a single one of our starting eleven for those names above. It's a case of "the whole is definitely greater than the sum of it's parts".

I think the whole league should be looking at Meslier. 20 years old and he's producing some absolute worldies while still having a calm head. Huge future for him.

Koch too

Edited by Rino8