Pre-Match Thread

MaVilla

I think the dirty thing is encouraged by the fans too especially at home games. Personally I love it, call us Dirty Leeds. 

Its definitely not something Bielsa encourages though, he regularly tells players to stop pulling shit, as recently as the Wolves game. At which point promptly everybody shut up and stopped.

Its partly why Jansson was sold FYI. 

• Like 3

26 minutes ago, villalad21 said:

You call it dirty. I call it winning mentality.

If in a game being dirty is what it would take to win the game I'd do it any day of the week and wouldn't feel bad about it.

Would you be happy if Dean sent a side out to hurt a player on the opposition? 

20 minutes ago, TheMelvillan said:

Meh, all about opinions I guess.

Winning mentality for me is having bravery on the ball , perserverence, never give up, run yourself into the ground, demanding the ball even when being targetted, playing your own game, preparing physically and mentally for every game.

Kicking better players because you cant match them for skill or any of the above named attributes is, for me, dirty and I have no respect for it

Spot on. No ‘great’ sides have been dirty. 

1 hour ago, HKP90 said:

For all the talk of Bielsa masterclasses, they were dirty buggers last time we played them. I’d not put it past them to properly try and take out Jack early doors. 

Fwiw, I have time for Bielsa, but as Clough showed, you can’t take the Leeds out of Leeds. 

This is a proper outdated view of Leeds/football though 

Its not 1975. There's a huge difference between fouling to stop a player advancing and 'break the bastards legs'

Just now, villalad21 said:

Mourinho's Inter certainly had a nasty side.

In that Spurs documentary he banged on his players they will never win anything by being nice guys.

Yeah, I saw that too, but there is nice, then there’s committed, determined, and finally shithouse. You need to be determined without the shithousery.

We have too many headaches for Leeds to cope with. I'm hoping we really hit our stride in this game.

If you go back and analyse our first 4 performances this season, most will find we have been far from perfect, we will get closer to that with familiarity and confidence.

If we put them away comfortably, I hope the media finally give us a bit of credit, fair play to Bielsa, I like him but I cannot stand the undeserved hype surrounding Leeds.

2-0 

UTV

17 minutes ago, Rino8 said:

This is a proper outdated view of Leeds/football though 

Its not 1975. There's a huge difference between fouling to stop a player advancing and 'break the bastards legs'

Page 1058 on the Grealish thread, when we played them last year. There is lots of talk of Leeds having targeted Jack. Bielsa era. 

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, villalad21 said:

It's why we bottled top 4 under MON

We are 4 games into the season let’s not get carried away. 

We have an extra day on Leeds, we will of had nearly 5 full days rest, after Leeds we have 8 day till we play again.

WE DO NOT NEED TO START RESTING OUR PLAYERS.

Edited by Mark_1989
Spelling
  • Like 2

I'm absolutely baffled as to why fans and the ex players in the media don't play down their expectations publically. 

We will meet a Leeds side full of confidence who work very hard. We can easily lose this. 

Just baffled. Talk about setting yourself up for disappointment and ridicule. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Tomorrow I think is a chance to put Leeds in there place for the mess they created in the play offs. What a disgusting farce it was and all credit to Bielsa he corrected his players behaviour. I had never seen such a disgusting moment as what I had witnessed from Bamford on that day. Not only did Bamford go on and score in an immoral way but he got a player in trouble and sent off. Somehow I have a feeling that tomorrow, something that usually doesnt happen is going to and Bamford will be at the centre of it all.

• Haha 2

We can easily lose any game in the premier league, if we're not at our best, or if the opposition on the day happen to better than us, or we have some bad luck.

Leeds seem to me the kind of random team that will win and lose games and it won't be easy to predict when either of those two oppostie outcomes will vist them.

2 hours ago, HKP90 said:

Page 1058 on the Grealish thread, when we played them last year. There is lots of talk of Leeds having targeted Jack. Bielsa era. 

Nah I think any other team fouls nobody bats an eyelid.

People are looking for excuses to say 'hur hur dirty leeds'

2 hours ago, HKP90 said:

Spot on. No ‘great’ sides have been dirty. 

I think the Leeds team under Don Revie comes close with Johnny Giles, Billy Bremner and Norman Hunter

• Like 2