Ratings & Reactions: Villa v Liverpool

limpid

Match Polls  

340 members have voted

1. 1. Who was your Man of the Match?

2. 2. Manager's Performance

3. 3. Refereeing Performance

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 09/10/20 at 22:59

56 minutes ago, thunderball said:

7D2BC682-076C-458B-BDB8-63B685748829.jpeg

Its terrible and great at the same time, but i feel an immense sense of pride that the 2 oldest, most long standing top flight clubs, and the 2 clubs that have played each other more times than any other team, are the 2 top teams right now.

Obviously i would prefer we were the other way around, but we do have a game 8n hand.

It just feels right...

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

17 minutes ago, OutByEaster? said:

Things keep popping into n=my head - one of the notable things about this performance was that it wasn't just a Grealish masterclass - he got to be a very good player in a good team - we had options all over the place - even off the bench with Traore. The midfield three were very good - Douglas Luis 2.0 is a brilliant pivot and McGinn's arse was brilliant tonight. 

It's a statement; it'll make some people notice us.

If we were to spend £20m on another attacking player tomorrow, I think even more people would notice.

We're on a roll and it feels fantastic.

This is exactly what I was thinking, the whole performance was far more balanced across the team. Yes Trez is never gonna dictate play so a lot still went through Jack on the left but everyone was getting involved in our forward play...

first game in a while where I have genuinely struggled to pick the MOM, could have been at least 4 but special shouts to Jack and  Barkley, such good early signs of a real bond, McGinn literally worked his arse off all night and deserved his flunky goal... And Trez may not be the best player but he tries so hard It makes up for most of his shortfalls....

Ollie got my MOM in the end, just an all round solid display... 

special note again for McGinns arse.......

jokes aside we are still gelling in new players and growing as a team so who knows what will happen this season, exciting times indeed 👍 UTV 

• Like 1

All players who played from the start a 10.

Effort, fight, skill and pride to wear the shirt.

Thats what we long for, I can just about take getting beaten when a team outplays and out fights us and we show fight but are the worst team on the night.

That game is up there with 5-1 against Liverpool at half time.

• Like 1

Felt like I was in a dream for a long time. Had a bottle of wine and a roast and felt it was more likely a dream than actually happening. 

The only way I can rationalise that is to think that every Liverpool player has Covid. Don’t know how else to cope with it mentally. 7-2 flattered them massively we left about 4 out there today. 

Jack ripped them to pieces today. Take that and ponder on it long and hard Gareth. 

3 minutes ago, brummybloke said:

All players who played from the start a 10.

Effort, fight, skill and pride to wear the shirt.

Thats what we long for, I can just about take getting beaten when a team outplays and out fights us and we show fight but are the worst team on the night.

That game is up there with 5-1 against Liverpool at half time.

What?! When were we 5-1 up against Liverpool at half-time? In 1887?

The league is ours to lose now.

Absolutely no reason not to go all out for the title, we've beaten the best and the best can be beaten.

Being slightly sarcastic but there's a thread of genuine belief in my words.

Who'd bet against us?

• Like 2

That was a side that played with the belief they would win through application. What Premier League team wants to play Aston Villa right now? 

Bring on Leicester City, too bad we have to wait 2 long weeks!

12 minutes ago, Zhan_Zhuang said:

Souness is incredibly irrelevant these days, he still thinks Grealish isn't a top player.

He needs to go back to the Black Stuff

spacer.png

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Rob182 said:

Imagine if we’d sat back after going 1-0 up.

A LOT of managers do it, and I’m so glad Smith isn’t one of them 🙌

He learned huge lessons from last season and fair play to him. Sign of a decent manager, knows when he's wrong and rectifies it. 🦁

• Like 3

Â