Ratings & Reactions: Villa v Liverpool

limpid

Match Polls  

340 members have voted

1. 1. Who was your Man of the Match?

2. 2. Manager's Performance

3. 3. Refereeing Performance

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 09/10/20 at 22:59

37 minutes ago, srsmithusa said:

i would say you were using your imagination, not nitpicking.  He was fantastic!  I truly don't think he put a foot wrong.  Trez left him with too much to handle sometimes..... but he snuffed that our too.  They had ZERO effective attacks from our Right side.   

Haha, that’s you, @Johnnyp and @Mazrim who’ve said I’m chatting rubbish re: Cash - so I’ll stand corrected for now, I’m happy to watch the game back.

It’s too fantastic a result to dilute it with this, so that’s my bad. I just thought Robertson/Jota had so much room (some of this could be on Trez though admittedly). Also little unfair to say they had zero effective attacks down out right, when they scored their first goal from there 😅

Edited by Cizzler

3 minutes ago, Rob182 said:

Imagine if we’d sat back after going 1-0 up.

Nail on head.

Still attacking after scoring 7. Need to keep this up, we'll hammer a few more sides if we do.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Farlz said:

I'm 23 years old. That is hands down the greatest result/performance I've ever seen from an Aston Villa side. I cannot believe what we've all just witnessed. 

All the players 10/10, Deano 10/10. Absolutely incredible. 

We genuinely could have something special here boys. 

I'm 40, and i feel the same.

• Like 3

10 minutes ago, kiltorken said:

The league is ours to lose now.

Absolutely no reason not to go all out for the title, we've beaten the best and the best can be beaten.

Being slightly sarcastic but there's a thread of genuine belief in my words.

Who'd bet against us?

I like the cut of your jib!

• Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, Cizzler said:

Haha, that’s you, @Johnnyp and @Mazrim who’ve said I’m chatting rubbish re: Cash - so I’ll stand corrected for now, I’m happy to watch the game back.

It’s too fantastic a result to dilute it with this, so that’s my bad. I just thought Robertson/Jota had so much room (some of this could be on Trez though admittedly). Also little unfair to say they had zero effective attacks down out right, when they scored their first goal from there 😅

Watch it again.  Their second came from right down the middle.  The first came down our left.  At least that’s my whisky-fogged revelation.   Cash was often 1 v 2 with Trezeguet too late covering.  But you can feel free to nitpick if you want.  😉

1 minute ago, kiltorken said:

How good was Trezeguet, what an engine. Renaissance man

Some players genuinely take a season to get upto speed with the year. He seems to realise now that to cope in this league he needs to play full throttle when we haven’t got the ball. He looks a great option suddenly.

• Like 2

Â