Ratings & Reactions: Villa v Liverpool

limpid

Match Polls  

340 members have voted

1. 1. Who was your Man of the Match?

2. 2. Manager's Performance

3. 3. Refereeing Performance

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 09/10/20 at 22:59

13 minutes ago, Only2McInallys said:

Gareth Southgate was asked about Jack after the game he apparently said he thought Joe Gomez had a good game.

This is the greatest game we have played for over 25 years.

In fact the game it reminds me of If when we beat Manure 3-1 at start of 94/ 95 season ???You will win nothing with kids!

The season before under Little we just avoided relegation but he made 3 or 4 crucial signings and we were transformed.Seems very similar.Martinez just oozes calmness,Cash is an up grade on Guillbert,Watkins is a menace and his holdup play is fantastic and Barkley can carry the ball out skilfully and is  the big physical presence we have been crying out for.

So proud of everyone today but especially the owners for sticking with Smith.I think we have a top quality manager.

It reminded me of the 5-1 win over Livepool in'77 I think.....I thought here we go again.

2 hours ago, Farlz said:

I'm 23 years old. That is hands down the greatest result/performance I've ever seen from an Aston Villa side. I cannot believe what we've all just witnessed. 

All the players 10/10, Deano 10/10. Absolutely incredible. 

We genuinely could have something special here boys. 

I am 69 and its the best I have ever seen in the league

• Like 4

26 minutes ago, The Fun Factory said:

Have we ever scored 7 at home in a top flight league game? I remember the 6-4 v Blackburn in the League Cup Semi,. and the bonkers 5-5 draw with Forest a couple of years ago. But 7?

Wimbledon  7-1. 1996/7ish  Tommy Johnson Hat trick. Think we were 5-1 up at HT despite going a goal down early on to a  Warren Barton lob.

Edited by One For The Road
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, TheAuthority said:

Can one of our older VT’ers remind me about when we beat Pool by 5 in 1977 (I think) - they we’re European champions and Ron Saunders has just got us up. 

This feels like a similar moment.

It was great....but this was better IMO.....we dominated from start to finish. We won both halves

not being picky but in 1977 we went 5-0 up in the first half, the second was not so easy......this game was more emphatic....absolutely sensational.

1 hour ago, thunderball said:

Book mark this and let’s hope we can all reply to this rocket polisher in two games time....

I can't wait to dismantle Leeds later this month for our 5th Premier League win in a row.  Scumbag club.  Scumbag fans.  Scumbag players.  

• Like 1

2 hours ago, brummybloke said:

All players who played from the start a 10.

Effort, fight, skill and pride to wear the shirt.

Thats what we long for, I can just about take getting beaten when a team outplays and out fights us and we show fight but are the worst team on the night.

That game is up there with 5-1 against Liverpool at half time.

I think this game shades it.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, The Fun Factory said:

That game was not televised at all so not even any scratchy video at all to see what happened but by all accounts was one of Villa best post war home peformances. Now this time was televised but no crowd in the ground which is a strange reverse.  Football can move in interesting ways sometimes.

its etched in my memory, I was on the Holte.

But imo this just eclipsed it.

Â