Ratings & Reactions: Villa v Liverpool

limpid

Match Polls  

340 members have voted

1. 1. Who was your Man of the Match?

2. 2. Manager's Performance

3. 3. Refereeing Performance

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 09/10/20 at 22:59

Beat the champions and for me watching we looked totally comfortable throughout. What difference Martinez makes. Cash looks a steal. Barkley like he's played in that midfield for years. However, you score perfect hat trick against Liverpool you deserve motm. Tekka Bo Ollie, tekka Bo.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Farlz said:

I'm 23 years old. That is hands down the greatest result/performance I've ever seen from an Aston Villa side. I cannot believe what we've all just witnessed. 

All the players 10/10, Deano 10/10. Absolutely incredible. 

We genuinely could have something special here boys. 

Likewise, I'm 24 and that is the best performance I've seen a Villa side put out. absolutely immense 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, smg said:

Trez will get swapped for Traore .But if he does Traore Will have to perform because while he might not be outstanding Trezeguet puts in a shift and makes a significant contribution to our overall performance, he is far more important to our squad than people give him credit for.

It’s a great point tbf... anyone who is looking to replace him in the side will have to come close to matching his workrate, despite their superior quality/skill. Can only be a positive for the team and Trez is getting better too.

Hats off to every player, this was a historic win & performance.

👏👏👏👏👏

Liverpool came in tonight expecting a win, and expected Villa to roll over and defend once winning. When Villa kept going forward they seemed thoroughly unprepared. Outside of the Champions League Knock-out rounds and maybe Man City in the league, nobody makes them defend for a full 90 minutes. We kept pressing, and they seemed shocked.

I’m not trying to say Liverpool underestimated us. They are simply used to a “score one and park the bus” strategy against league opponents. We made them play the length of the pitch for the entire match, and they are so good and have such an aura about them that they don’t have a ton of experience doing that.

5 hours ago, OutByEaster? said:

Things keep popping into n=my head - one of the notable things about this performance was that it wasn't just a Grealish masterclass - he got to be a very good player in a good team - we had options all over the place - even off the bench with Traore. The midfield three were very good - Douglas Luis 2.0 is a brilliant pivot and McGinn's arse was brilliant tonight. 

It's a statement; it'll make some people notice us.

If we were to spend £20m on another attacking player tomorrow, I think even more people would notice.

We're on a roll and it feels fantastic.

We have fabulous midfielders (including Grealish in that despite playing LW), Barkley has/will enhance us - helping to retain possession and drive us up the pitch. 

We were brilliant and took the perfect approach to the game, that’s how you need to play against the “big boys” - no respect, no time on the ball, aggressive & relentless, we rattled them... loved how often we dispossessed them and in their half too! No sitting back 😄

Romantically nourished...

5 hours ago, HanoiVillan said:

When Grealish and McGinn are on form, they are something special to watch. Watkins, Barkley, Trezeguet, all great performances, but for me that was about seeing Grealish showing again how he's one of the best players in the league, and McGinn fully on form, arse out, bossing everything. Very rare I feel completely elated at the quality of a performance; last time was when we beat Boro 3-0 at home in our promotion year, and we just dominated **** Liverpool the same way we dominated Boro that day.

Unreal.

This season is going to be fun... Jack, John (back to his best) & Ross working in tandem backed up & protected by Doug. Ollie adding the finishing touch (as well as being fully involved and linking up).

Exciting times...

• Like 1

I have my own gardening business and I have a few Liverpool supporting customers so I have sent this message this morning.....

Hey there, just heard you need some gardening done. I will contact you in 7 days 2 discuss what you want done!

Getting some good reactions 😂

Edited by Villan_of_oz
  • Like 1
  • Haha 3

@TRO you must be delighted mate, we showed the tenacity, fight and determination that you have been crying out for. And no lack of quality.

An aggressive and wholly effective approach, how many times did we snatch the ball off them in their own half?

We rattled, battered & bruised the Champions...

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Jas10 said:

@TRO you must be delighted mate, we showed the tenacity, fight and determination that you have been crying out for. And no lack of quality.

An aggressive and wholly effective approach, how many times did we snatch the ball off them in their own half?

We rattled, battered & bruised the Champions...

We really did...

I cant remember a time we have bullied a so called "bigger club" so emphatically...

Yeah, we have had our moments and our scalps of "Big clubs"...

But at the age of 36? I cant remember ever seeing Villa completely maul a team like tonight...

Did anyone else find that after a while they stopped cheering our goals and just started laughing because of how ridiculously easy it looked? I got to that point by about no 5.

Reminded me of the 7—1 destruction we copped against Southampton a few years back when Sane scored his record hat trick. A complete dismantling of an opponent with zero idea how to stop it. 

That it was US on this occasion, doing it to LIVERPOOL is just ridiculous. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, John said:

You just have to have a look at this. Such grim reading, post match reactions from Red & White Kop:clap::

https://www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=346222.0

Liked this one😁😁

xx.gif
Re: Aston Villa 7 Liverpool 2 - Full Time
« Reply #28 on: Yesterday at 09:18:33 PM »

Fair play to Villa. It was their day. They exploited our weaknesses and punished us. They could have scored double digits. We were shite, but they were fantastic.

Days like today happen. We have dished out a fair share of batterings over the years, just not nice when you are on the receiving end.
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, Villan_of_oz said:

I have my own gardening business and I have a few Liverpool supporting customers so I have sent this message this morning.....

Hey there, just heard you need some gardening done. I will contact you in 7 days 2 discuss what you want done!

Getting some good reactions 😂

I expect most will want the grass cutting?

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Â