Ratings & Reactions: Villa v Liverpool

limpid

Match Polls  

340 members have voted

1. 1. Who was your Man of the Match?

2. 2. Manager's Performance

3. 3. Refereeing Performance

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 09/10/20 at 22:59

24 minutes ago, Cizzler said:

Wow.

Obviously Ollie and Jack were the standouts. I was sceptical over Watkins when he signed, but he’s making me look stupid atm. Ran the line brilliantly, held the ball up against the best CB in the league and finished clinically.

Martinez and Barkley look class, they’ve raised the level of our team.

McGinn 100% back to his best. Played excellently. So glad to see that.

If I have to nitpick, would say Cash looked a little suspect, especially defensively. But 10/10 to all the lads and especially to Smith for getting the set-up spot on.

I honestly thought he was superb!

• Like 1

Targett was brilliant today too. Yes Salah scored but more often than not Targett was aggressive in defence. Barkley gave us that power from midfield. Luiz and Mcginn let them have the ball and dominated the play when they wanted. Sensational sensational performance. 

I genuinely think 10+ wouldn't have flattered us. We keep our players fit and add one or two more we are going to tank a few teams this season.

• Like 1

Historic result. Some good fortune, but we created our good fortune. Thoroughly deserved result. Could have been 10-2, maybe should have been.

We were smarter than them and more focused. We now have an assembly of players who can put 7 goals past champions. This is going to be a very fun season. Shame there are no fans to witness it all in person.

MOTM to Watkins. Special mention to McGinn, Cash and Grealish. Barkley is a terror when he runs at people. 

Surprised to see Trez start in front of Traore, but he played well. 

One or two more big signings and.....

\

27 minutes ago, Cizzler said:

Wow.

Obviously Ollie and Jack were the standouts. I was sceptical over Watkins when he signed, but he’s making me look stupid atm. Ran the line brilliantly, held the ball up against the best CB in the league and finished clinically.

Martinez and Barkley look class, they’ve raised the level of our team.

McGinn 100% back to his best. Played excellently. So glad to see that.

If I have to nitpick, would say Cash looked a little suspect, especially defensively. But 10/10 to all the lads and especially to Smith for getting the set-up spot on.

i would say you were using your imagination, not nitpicking.  He was fantastic!  I truly don't think he put a foot wrong.  Trez left him with too much to handle sometimes..... but he snuffed that our too.  They had ZERO effective attacks from our Right side.   

Â