Ratings & Reactions: Villa v Liverpool

limpid

Match Polls  

340 members have voted

1. 1. Who was your Man of the Match?

2. 2. Manager's Performance

3. 3. Refereeing Performance

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 09/10/20 at 22:59

1 hour ago, sidcow said:

I read quite a lot and it was almost entirely about freak goals and how badly they defended. 

Almost zero comments about us playing well. 

I mean OK allowing for the deflected goals and their poor defending, how did they have 70% possession against our poor team and create almost nothing. 

As well as taking them to pieces offensively, we completely nullified their attack. 

They all are convinced that they should have had a penalty from McGinn shielding the ball. 

Also in their minds we should have had 3 goals chalked off for deflections AND the goal we got from a corner also shouldn't stand because of an offside in the build up, so that's 4 goals, despite a) there was no offside in the build up and b) that was one of the deflected goals anyway, it can't be discounted twice 🤣🤣🤣

So deflected goals don't count then?

Who knew?? Best tell the FA.

• Haha 1

10 hours ago, TRO said:

not denying that Pete....but you can't tell me they won't wallow in their own glory.

Course they will, as will we with ours. I mean historic thrashings don’t happen that often. Brilliant isn’t it.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, blandy said:

Course they will, as will we with ours. I mean historic thrashings don’t happen that often. Brilliant isn’t it.

It is Brilliant and like 1977......I don't think its the end of them.

11 hours ago, TheStagMan said:

So deflected goals don't count then?

Who knew?? Best tell the FA.

On the replay for McGinn's goal it looked like the ball had a really good direction even before the deflection. Think it would have gone in either way.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, villalad21 said:

On the replay for McGinn's goal it looked like the ball had a really good direction even before the deflection. Think it would have gone in either way.

"The basic laws of Physics have not been fully adopted or recognized in large swathes of the Merseyside conurbation,  it's full release has been put back to 2021"

Loud winners,  bad losers,  words removed.

On 10/10/2020 at 20:23, sidcow said:

Stayed up to 1.30 am this morning to watch the full re-run along with MOTD coverage, and will do it all again tonight. 

I've watched it about 5 or 6 times now 😂

• Like 1

There's a "What has been the most extraordinary match of season so far?" poll on BBC sport right now, out of 8 options Villa-Scouse is pissing it with 74%

Â