Ratings & Reactions: Villa v Liverpool

limpid

Match Polls  

340 members have voted

1. 1. Who was your Man of the Match?

2. 2. Manager's Performance

3. 3. Refereeing Performance

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 09/10/20 at 22:59

1 hour ago, TheAuthority said:

Can one of our older VT’ers remind me about when we beat Pool by 5 in 1977 (I think) - they we’re European champions and Ron Saunders has just got us up. 

This feels like a similar moment.

The first game Dean Smith attended apparently 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, hippo said:

Orgasmic ! 

A complete team performance - we totally blitzed them - sure they went to shite in the end - but we beat them into submission ! - absolutely awesome - every one of them - - Special shout out for SJM - Who stepped up and held thing together at a crucial time in the match. 

....and who the feck has been coaching Trez !!!!!

image.gif

Respect for not saying "I told you so"

23 minutes ago, srsmithusa said:

Watch it again.  Their second came from right down the middle.  The first came down our left.  At least that’s my whisky-fogged revelation.   Cash was often 1 v 2 with Trezeguet too late covering.  But you can feel free to nitpick if you want.  😉

Liverpool’s first, clearly from a driving run from Jota down our right - not our left. Cash outmuscled (earlier than the clip) and left out of position. Luiz having to cover.

Edited by Cizzler

29 minutes ago, momo said:

If they keep it up... next summer, Villa could be without Barkley and Luiz.... They are tooooooooo gooooooood to not be brought back :(

By then there will be no team that can be stepped up to. Plus they’ll want CL football and they would get that with us but not with City or Chelsea. 

• Like 1

Weird game that, we were great, they had a really off day and badly missed Mane and Alisson. Three mental deflections going in plus Adrian gifted the first, but to be fair Watkins smashed the bar. Maybe 4-2 would have been a fairer reflection of the game and woudl have been a very convincing win all the same just not a freak 7 goal scoreline! Our first eleven will get better if they can play together more often. We have to keep our fingers crossed on the injuries and hope that when Wes and Heaton come back they can slot in when needed because they probably will be. We shoudln't forget the Stoke loss and how worried we were about the depth but at the same time the addition of Barkley in the middle looks an incredible signing early doors, some of the play with Grealish was top drawer. They can get better though, we've got a young side, very exciting times ahead.

Smith out ;)

• Confused 1

1 hour ago, TreeVillan said:

I'm an idiot I turned my stream off at 4-1 as I was too nervous we were gonna blow it... Now I feel like I missed the moon landing. 

I missed the entire second half too. Went for a walk and put airplane mode on. Cannot believe what I’ve seen. Think we’ve finally come out the tunnel after 10 years of rubbish. Well done Smith!

• Like 2

46 minutes ago, rjw63 said:

Nail on head.

Still attacking after scoring 7. Need to keep this up, we'll hammer a few more sides if we do.

Indeed. A great reminder to Smith and everyone really about the advantages of keeping up pressure and being fearless.

Â