Ratings & Reactions: Villa v Liverpool

limpid

Match Polls  

340 members have voted

1. 1. Who was your Man of the Match?

2. 2. Manager's Performance

3. 3. Refereeing Performance

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 09/10/20 at 22:59

Well, that was pretty good!

Before the game I was just hoping we'd compete and fight with them, even if we lost I'd have been pleased if we at least showed the desire we've shown since the backend of last season and the first couple of games into this. But we were an absolute joy to watch, Liverpool were poor of course and their high line exposed them time and again but with Barkley, SJM, Jack and Ollie we just looked lethal. Could have scored double figures easily tonight - Ollie clean through and hit the bar and Barkley missed some good chances too. Ridiculous. Can't remember watching a better Villa win than that tonight.

I remember when they put 6 past us in our relegation season and what a horrid day that was for the club. Got our revenge well and truly tonight.

• Like 2

Liverpool have broke covid rules there by letting 7 in

Ray Wilkins bless him will be saying “My Word” right now. 

We should have had 10 at least. Double figures against the so called best defence in this league has seen in a long long time. But we exploited that high line time and time again. Imperious the lot of them. What a start we’ve made. We actually have our Villa back, its been a long stressful journey but everything is in place to get us back to our destiny and rightful place again. Buzzing, adrenaline flowing. Shockwaves sent around the globe with that result. 

Watkins MOTM, so pleased for him to do what he did. Jack is a maverick and the heartbeat of this club. Equally pleased for him because he’s seen the hard times like we all have and persevered with it and has done more than any to get us back to this point.

Rashica will be paying us to join tomorrow.

UTV I LOVE THIS GAMMMEEEEEEE

• Like 3

I had to give MOTM to Watkins.  Young lad, first goal in Premier League, perfect hat-trick vs. champions.  But a good case for Emi, for Jack, for Cash, for SJM, for Tyrone.  I don't think anyone in claret had a stinker.  

But I've had 8 shots of whiskey.  my ritual is a shot after each villa goal and one at the end to celebrate or drown my sorrows.  With our goal scoring record last season, I almost decided to change it to one extra large margarita rather than just one shot.  Close call that.

finally, Jack and Ross (others?) both made an "A" with their fingers after scoring. WHAT DOES THAT MEAN?

• Like 4

Things keep popping into n=my head - one of the notable things about this performance was that it wasn't just a Grealish masterclass - he got to be a very good player in a good team - we had options all over the place - even off the bench with Traore. The midfield three were very good - Douglas Luis 2.0 is a brilliant pivot and McGinn's arse was brilliant tonight. 

It's a statement; it'll make some people notice us.

If we were to spend £20m on another attacking player tomorrow, I think even more people would notice.

We're on a roll and it feels fantastic.

When Grealish and McGinn are on form, they are something special to watch. Watkins, Barkley, Trezeguet, all great performances, but for me that was about seeing Grealish showing again how he's one of the best players in the league, and McGinn fully on form, arse out, bossing everything. Very rare I feel completely elated at the quality of a performance; last time was when we beat Boro 3-0 at home in our promotion year, and we just dominated **** Liverpool the same way we dominated Boro that day.

Unreal.

Â