Ross Barkley

LondonLax

He was no better or worse than the rest of them

He created two chances which no one else in the midfield managed to do, but then Ellen these out with some poor defensive errors.

Cant blame him for that shit show 

• Like 1

Just after El Ghazi's miss the ball bounced back to him. Watkins was unmarked, all he had to do was roll it to him and he'd have had an open shot on goal. But no, Barkley took all his time to set up a shot, which he squared against their defender who had all the time in the work to position himself. 

And don't get me started on that counter attack. He's got the football intelligence of a fetus. 

• Like 1

I don't really get what people saw in his performance tonight.

Shocking for the first 10 minutes, gave the ball away over and over again.

Two potential assists, one he gave to the player in an offside position, the second he held onto the ball for too long.

Unfortunately he's a victim of the team performance. With players around him retaining possession he looks great; in games where you need a player to drive and carry the ball, retain the possession for the team, he's just not good enough.

He can't move. 

Gets it, stops dead still and starts pissing about pretending to flick it off. Then usually loses it and fall over.

I'll be incredibly worried if we sign him. Waste of money and time.

No no no.

2 hours ago, Wainy316 said:

If he’d laid it off to Watkins earlier then he would’ve scored

no if Watkins hadn't been so shit all night and wondered into an off side position when there was absolutely no need because he was **** shit tonight.  watkins not barkley was.  alright you get the idea

2 hours ago, bose said:

Yeah shouldn’t get a chance again. Been dreadful bar the first few games before the injury. 

nonsense.  granted he's been garbage for weeks but tonight he showed the only signs of class in the whole game.  hopefully he's getting some fitness back and might just offer something else for us in the run in.

1 hour ago, Tomaszk said:

He can't move. 

Gets it, stops dead still and starts pissing about pretending to flick it off. Then usually loses it and fall over.

I'll be incredibly worried if we sign him. Waste of money and time.

No no no.

Given that he is now seemingly behind Sanson and even Ramsey in the pecking, I simply can't see us paying what he or Chelsea would want. 

2 minutes ago, av1 said:

Given that he is now seemingly behind Sanson and even Ramsey in the pecking, I simply can't see us paying what he or Chelsea would want. 

This.

This deal is dead in the water.

6 minutes ago, will87 said:

I could see us perhaps signing him for a knock-down price to keep Jack sweet.

They might be mates but Jack will want to win stuff, if he's seeing what the rest of us are seeing I doubt he'd be too bothered. 

1 hour ago, av1 said:

They might be mates but Jack will want to win stuff, if he's seeing what the rest of us are seeing I doubt he'd be too bothered. 

I think Jack's other pal Delle Alli on loan might have been more effective than Barkley overall.

• Like 1

I wasn't particularly happy when we signed him, especially given the loan fee and wages we would have paid, but I was very pleasantly surprised with the Liverpool and Arsenal game.  I thought maybe we have the Barkley that played in his last season at Everton.  But we haven't.  He has been poor since his return - personally, I think poorer than SJM and Luiz etc.. - and Chelski are supposed to want £35m+ plus his £100k wages.  We can definitely deploy that money in someone younger and better than Ross!  

4 hours ago, Sulberto21 said:

I think Jack's other pal Delle Alli on loan might have been more effective than Barkley overall.

Why is Jack pals will all these assholes? I’d much rather he be mates with the James Milner’s of the world

Â