Ross Barkley

LondonLax

1 minute ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

Anybody that doesn’t want Barkley at Villa hasn’t watch him play much in my opinion.  Quality, quality player! Why must the media tease us like this? Wasn’t Rashica bad enough :(

I would rather a more defensive midfielder so we could have Jack as a cam. But he has potential to be a good signing if we do get him. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, tinker said:

We have decent owners now. I don't like loan players , we are just developing other teams players or advertising them to be auctioned off at later date, or paying the wages of deadwood players .

I understand that but what if you have an option to buy at the end of the loan? According to other posters this would be a condition of the loan. With that inserted it’s basically a no lose situation.

I’ve watched Barkley’s career with interest and he is exactly what Villa need in midfield. Certainly an upgrade on Hourihane.

• Like 3

17 minutes ago, striker said:

I understand that but what if you have an option to buy at the end of the loan? According to other posters this would be a condition of the loan. With that inserted it’s basically a no lose situation.

I’ve watched Barkley’s career with interest and he is exactly what Villa need in midfield. Certainly an upgrade on Hourihane.

Same.  He's fantastic and much better all around than Hourihane and McGinn.  We were crying out for someone with all the things Barkley is best at against Sheffield United.  His forward movement, touch, shooting, and free kicks are all better than anyone we have, and he's also big and strong enough to be an aerial presence in the box with Watkins.  Even if it's just a loan for the season without a future free agreed would be outstanding for us this year.  

He would be a fantastic signing. I have seen some comments on social media saying he could be another Danny Drinkwater. Not a chance. For a start he is much better player than Danny Drinkwater has ever been. Secondly he is in his prime and has regularly played for England over last couple of years and has the incentive of the Euros next year and securing a place in the squad.

He'd walk into our midfield.

Edited by markavfc40
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, Zhan_Zhuang said:

So a Loan to Buy would value Barkley at how much?

£35-£40m would be worth while, anything more and it's out of our reach. Maybe setting the figure higher with the possibility of Jack moving on next season for £80-£100m could be viable. 

3 minutes ago, markavfc40 said:

He would be a fantastic signing. I have seen some comments on social media saying he could be another Danny Drinkwater. Not a chance. For a start he is much better player than Danny Drinkwater has ever been. Secondly he is in his prime and has regularly played for England over last couple of years and has the incentive of the Euro's next year and securing a place in the squad.

He'd walk into our midfield.

Totally agree, he would be a great addition.

• Like 1

Â