Ross Barkley

LondonLax

Just now, CarryOnVilla said:

Why have people got their backs up about this? does it matter if he’s right or not?

seems like him and McNulty are expressing their opinions. And so far they seeming to be right. It’s down to Villa to prove them wrong. 

If they don’t, I feel like Villa has done some good business with their budget 

Exactly. The way some fans act it’s like they are insulting their mothers or something. 

2 minutes ago, CarryOnVilla said:

Why have people got their backs up about this? does it matter if he’s right or not?

seems like him and McNulty are expressing their opinions. And so far they seeming to be right. It’s down to Villa to prove them wrong. 

1 minute ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

Exactly. The way some fans act it’s like they are insulting their mothers or something. 

Do I sound angry? I'm all Tao people, don't worry about me...

My point being everyone on Villa Talk thinks we are going to spend money and yet there are also those outwith our Claret & Blue world suggesting that isn't true!

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Zhan_Zhuang said:

Sky just did a comparison between Hourihane and Barkley; 

How long did it take them to determine that one is a very good PL player - and the other isn't? 

2 hours ago, TheMelvillan said:

only thing I dont like about the idea of this signing is that I have already seen 4 different spellings of his surname on this site this morning. I know we need someone to fill the Kiarin clerk void but thats just ridiculous

Keinan Davis. But

spacer.png

6 minutes ago, Zhan_Zhuang said:

Do I sound angry? I'm all Tao people, don't worry about me...

My point being everyone on Villa Talk thinks we are going to spend money and yet there are also those outwith our Claret & Blue world suggesting that isn't true!

Sorry mate didn’t mean you. It’s mainly fans on Twitter.

• Like 1

Very excited by this and for a number of reasons it makes alot of sense. 

The number of players bought in means Chelsea and Barkley himself have a need for a move to happen.

The euros coming up... Barkley needs regular football to go. He will be, you'd expect, fighting for his place and looking to impress.

He is of a very good age. 

He is a very, very good footballer.

I LOVE the British core to the side, really adds something to the squad for me.

Like I said, very excited by this and I think he, linking with Grealish, Watkins and traore ahead of him would be fantastic business. 

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, sidcow said:

Why are no other teams after these kind of players? It's odd that we seem the be in the frame almost unchallenged for some of these quite high profile names. 

Because we are the mighty Villa and others shrivel away to nothing in our presence. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, sidcow said:

Why are no other teams after these kind of players? It's odd that we seem the be in the frame almost unchallenged for some of these quite high profile names. 

Money is tight and a lot of teams dont have the money we have.

43 minutes ago, CarryOnVilla said:

as many have said already, Villa have money, but they have to act under FFP like every other team out there (unless you are Man City and Chelsea and can throw around billions on lawyers).

If a club will allow a payment structure that will spread payments over a number of years to allow us to work within FFP then we can get players in. But that rarely suits the selling club who are desperate for cash up front to buy replacements, strengthen etc.

For once I think we might conclude at least one big transfer on deadline day as some clubs have to sell. You can't really blame the likes of Bremen from holding out as long as possible to invite a bidding war and get the best possible deal for their players. 

Edited by VillanousOne

24 minutes ago, sidcow said:

JT is probably an advantage for us. And where we currently are as a club.

I think we can be a likely destination for Barkley on a permanent deal next summer. Right now we're may be percieved as a team that just avoided relegation. Next summer we are hopefully a mid table team with an upward trajectory. And a club that might be able to attract players that aren't quite good enough for the very best, but want to be part of an interesting project. 

So we offer first team football which means Barkley has an opportunity to get into the Euro squad, which again means he will keep his market value. And we can afford the player. on a permanent deal, only not right now due to FFP. They are not loaning him out and expect to get a better player back in 12 months time. They are loaning him out because no clubs currently are likely to offer Chelsea £30m and the player himself €120K per week.  

Edited by Silent_Bob

57 minutes ago, MotoMkali said:

No you misunderstood what purslow was saying. He said he didn't want to develop another teams players without an option to buy. Barkley is an already developed player who we know what he is. Buying experienced guys costs a lot of money and the age quickly so they have no sell on value getting them on loan is good business. We may not have stayed up without reina last season.

Purslow is against bringing in developing players in on loan because they don't help us that much and we don't get the benefits of having played and developed them. 

No, I didn’t. Totally understand what Purslow said and I was pointing out Reina and Drinkwater sat outside of that. 

I know Purslow’s stance, my point was I don’t see the point the poster was making as being relevant under the current owners.

Â